Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp underneath ram air???

Old 04-15-2006, 08:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slp underneath ram air???

i got a slp ram air from a junkyard and i was wondering how and if's it's hard to install. someone said i have to cut something but i'm not sure. i'm putting on a 2000 trans am. any help would be great. it's the metal looking box thats goes under the factory air box.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All you do is remove the air box and cut out the bottom, flat area directly underneat the air filter then bolt/screw/whatever the cold air induction funnel thing in there.

http://www.installuniversity.com

Go to LSX vehicles, install documents and then free ram air.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

If you already have the FRA, it should take you about a minute and 1/2. I've taken mine off and on several times....
Old 04-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Launching!

The item you are installing is the SLP Cold Air Kit or FAST Ram Air Kit. In order for it to work you'll to modify the following in order to install the duct properly

1) The Air Filter base - you need to cut out two baffles to allow air flowing through the metal duct into the lid. A dremel works best.

2) You need to remove the upper radiater shroud and cut out a section of it to allow the steel duct (you have) be installed infront of the AC Condensor. A dremel works best

3) You also need some foam seals to install underneath the air filter base to form a seal above the duct.

Best of luck. If this is your first try then expect about 30 minutes to an hr to accomplish this.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't even waste your time. It'll only raise your IAT.

Search this Thread