Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help. No shift from 2-3

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help. No shift from 2-3

I am sick of it. Ok here's the history. Tranny was shifting fine on all bolt on only. 3500ssf with 4.56 gears. I know I know. But after cam install I would hit the revlimiter on both 1-2 and 2-3 was extremely annoying. so I started to work with it manually. I went from 26 talls to 28 talls and started shifting manually but very weird like. to shift from 1-2 I would move the lever from 1-3 bypassing 2 and it would shift fine. from 2-3 i would move the lever from 3-4 and it would shift fine. 4th would go in fine too. and I made it work. Lately I have been trying Nos and now I can't shift into 3rd at all unless I completely let go. this is shifting manually. the other weird thing that is going on is that If I leave it on overdrive and go from there It will upshift from 1-3 automatically. I have no idea what is going on but I am looking into either 700R4 with tranny brake or Th350. but I have no money left. I have also been looking into putting a manual non-electronic valve body on it but don't know if its possible. I saw tci carries a trans scat but don't know if that's what I need.

So if am learning correctly then a car does not shift because it does not have equal pressure on both sides( Tv and Gov). that being said a car would not have the necessary speed to % Throttle. But what has me baffled is the use of Nos on my car which means more speed would only make the equation better. So I guess it is something to do with a something sticking. Am I correct. another question i have is using a programmer increasing and decreasing base pressure would do what on what side.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

did you ever tune the trans. I ask this since you said programmer which isnt a tune, more like a joke.. You need a full program, make sure you set the correct gear size(which if you had a programmer you can do) but you also need to put in the tire height and if i remember with hpp3 you cant do that.. You also need to change your shift points as well as mph shift points..
Old 04-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Launching!

I have diablo programmer. the gear ratio never worked. right now though it is not that off from the 28 talls at 120 I would say its off by 2. but no I never tuned the tranny thinking of email tuning with the programmer I just don't know what I would tell the tuner to do to correct the problem.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would make a post in the tx forum and see what guys are local to you and who can help you tune. Hp tuners allows you to do multiple cars as long as its the same year so someone local to you might have what you need... Oh and as for handheld programmers there is only so much you can do and your missing alot, its like compairing nintendo to x-box
Old 04-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Launching!

None of the local guys ever want to help. they keep there secrets to them selves plus in my town no one ever went with 4.56's in an A4. Anyways I may have fixed problem. I subtracted 25% shift time and added a little bit base pressure and it seemed to do the trick. I will test again onm friday and see if i can get into the elevens. 4000 ft of elevation with temps reaching 70's at night