Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S&W 6pt. Bolt in "Street Bar"

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default S&W 6pt. Bolt in "Street Bar"

i see this advertized in GMHTP all the time. For a 6pt w/ dual swingouts and powdercoated black 500 bux is a steal but i cant find anyone on here that has used or installed this piece.

Anyone ever seen this installed or know of someone who has? After all the things ive heard about wolfe lately i really dont want to get a cage from them but no one else makes a bolt in setup.

thanks

Bill
Old 04-17-2006, 06:57 AM
Teching In

Default Cage

I have that 6 pt S&W bolt in cage for sale
It was in my car when i bought it
I 'm putting in a 10pt
I'll take $250 plus shipping
Old 04-17-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

how did it fit in your car and do u have any pictures of it installed

thanks

Bill
Old 04-17-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Billy the Great
how did it fit in your car and do u have any pictures of it installed

thanks

Bill
Pics please!! jg2s_98ws6@yahoo.com
Old 04-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Default Roll Bar

Are any of you guys interested in buying the one i have???
Old 04-19-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1DUCE
Are any of you guys interested in buying the one i have???
After seeing hte pics, it is far more than a 6-point setup... you have bars going over the rear seats, to the sidepanels, the main hoop itself and the door bars, at least (that is 8 right there), there may be bars going to where the rear seats used to be (another 2 for those) and it looks like there were bars, or provisions for bars, that would go to the dash area, thus it looks like it was originally a 10-12 point setup...

I mean the front door bar stubs were obviously welded in as well, and the only thing (per the pics you sent me) that looked 'bolt-in' was the main hoop itself...

Personally, I am not interested in it, as it is much more than a simple 6-point setup (I want to keep the ability to use the rear seats)... But for anyone that would be interested, better pics of the mount points, ALL of the various connections it has, as well as a full disclosure of what is welded and what is bolted would probably help...
Old 04-19-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast
After seeing hte pics, it is far more than a 6-point setup... you have bars going over the rear seats, to the sidepanels, the main hoop itself and the door bars, at least (that is 8 right there), there may be bars going to where the rear seats used to be (another 2 for those) and it looks like there were bars, or provisions for bars, that would go to the dash area, thus it looks like it was originally a 10-12 point setup...

I mean the front door bar stubs were obviously welded in as well, and the only thing (per the pics you sent me) that looked 'bolt-in' was the main hoop itself...

Personally, I am not interested in it, as it is much more than a simple 6-point setup (I want to keep the ability to use the rear seats)... But for anyone that would be interested, better pics of the mount points, ALL of the various connections it has, as well as a full disclosure of what is welded and what is bolted would probably help...
I asked for more pics from the rear view and didnt get any but I have to agree, it looked more than 6 point.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:48 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast
Personally, I am not interested in it, as it is much more than a simple 6-point setup (I want to keep the ability to use the rear seats)...
The crossbar in the main hoop needs to be there otherwise the bar won't be legal for NHRA/IHRA competition. Yes it makes using the rear seats a lot harder but only way it can be done. Only 1 door bar is required, and just 2 back bars (5-point is the minimum from 11.49 to 10.00).

Derek
Old 04-19-2006, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have some I can send you. You will loose your back seat. There is no way anyone can site back there and be safe
Old 04-20-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

we put a wolfe 6pt in my buddy firebladews6's car. i was skeptical about a bolt in cage after mostly being around single digit cars all my life. this thing more then impressed me. it fit PERFECTLY. i mean you couldn treally ask for a better fit. solid as hell, EASY install. here are a couple pix of it. the price is a little steep, thats why i was intrested in that $500 you are refering too.
Attached Thumbnails S&W 6pt. Bolt in "Street Bar"-craig-024.jpg   S&W 6pt. Bolt in "Street Bar"-craig-026.jpg  
Old 04-20-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Villain281H
The crossbar in the main hoop needs to be there otherwise the bar won't be legal for NHRA/IHRA competition. Yes it makes using the rear seats a lot harder but only way it can be done. Only 1 door bar is required, and just 2 back bars (5-point is the minimum from 11.49 to 10.00).

Derek
Oh, I know that, but with the Wolfe bolt-in the over-the-back bars are bolted on, and for NHRA/IHRA 'legality' those bars need to be welded as well... So I figured the S&W having almost ALL bars bolted in would be a good compromise as I could unbolt the crossbar if someone wanted to use the rear seats...

And it is agreed that NO rollbar/cage allows for anyones safety (driver or passengers) unless all occupants are wearing helmets once the rollbar/cage is installed... Thus I am in no major rush to pick up a rollbar right now...