Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about hood/intake

Old 04-16-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about hood/intake

have any of yall with the non ws6 hoods. just regular TA hood. cut the metal blocking the direct shot of air into the intake? i see so much benefit from this but im guessing their is a catch since i havent seen anyone do this.

will water rush into the filrter or something during rain storms?
Old 04-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not quite sure im familair with the metal blocking you are refering too... perhaps a previous owner already did it to mine
Old 04-17-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen it done on a number of cars. It can be done very nice. Provides all the benifit of a WS6 hood without the cost. Just need to be careful in cutting to not take away tomuch rigidity in the hood latch.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 193 Likes on 162 Posts

I came really close to doing it. But have you ever noticed the amount of bug guts that ends up on that brace? That'd all be headed into your air filter. I was also afraid of it looking hacked. On the plus side, standing water wouldn't be a problem like the under car FRA. Farmer2 and Tranzaman00 are two guys on the board who have versions of this mod.

Search this Thread