Liscense plate ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Liscense plate ticket...

A few months back i got pulled over for no front plate. the cop was a dick so i went to court today to get it taken care of. When i went to the judge he just asked if iput one on and i was like ya...just like that he was like ok dimissed i didnt have to show him anything proving it or anything...didnt have to pay **** but it was a waste of time....are they always that careless about it?
Old 04-17-2006, 10:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

For this particular law, I agree with the police on front plates...if I was a cop I would want people to have 2.. sounds like they just put you through the motions..
Old 04-17-2006, 10:50 AM
TECH Resident

well the reason i didnt have it on is cause the guy i bought it from didnt have it and it took my bank ****** 6 months to get my title to me so i couldnt reg it.. its on there now...looks not that great but its one less reason for the cops to harrass me
Old 04-17-2006, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

Same exact thing happened to me when i lived in San Marcos. I put it on for the day and they didnt even check. Huge waste of time.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
For this particular law, I agree with the police on front plates...if I was a cop I would want people to have 2.. sounds like they just put you through the motions..

why?

i mean is it that big of a problem that people dont have the front plates on? I think its straight bull-****.....When the crime rate in houston is climbing greatly, due to certain things that have happend to surrounding states, they would rather **** with some guy in a car with no front plate, than try and stop the violence, drugs, etc.....
Old 04-17-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by had20z
why?

i mean is it that big of a problem that people dont have the front plates on? I think its straight bull-****.....When the crime rate in houston is climbing greatly, due to certain things that have happend to surrounding states, they would rather **** with some guy in a car with no front plate, than try and stop the violence, drugs, etc.....

exactly what i was thinking..this jack off was soo worried about my car havin a plate when the area i got pulled over in (1960) has cars stolen daily..more of our tax money gettin wasted..oh and another thing..a lot of the new cars dont even come with front plates..
Old 04-17-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I truely dont think they do it for the fact that a plate is not there. They do it for the possibility you are a felon, have a warrent for your arrest out, etc.

I mean look at how Timothy McVeigh got caught. Random stop for license plates.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:26 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymosis
I truely dont think they do it for the fact that a plate is not there. They do it for the possibility you are a felon, have a warrent for your arrest out, etc.

I mean look at how Timothy McVeigh got caught. Random stop for license plates.
That is a good point. I got a ticket for it one time and the next day my transmission went out. I had to take a picture with me in it before and after with the zip ties in place and take it up to the court. The judge was suprised I actually went through with it.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The whole license plate deal is just probable cause to pull you over. That is when the cops find drunks, people that are high, guns, etc. If you are clean then you'll get the plate missing ticket. No biggie it does not go on you driving record.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
The whole license plate deal is just probable cause to pull you over. That is when the cops find drunks, people that are high, guns, etc. If you are clean then you'll get the plate missing ticket. No biggie it does not go on you driving record.

100% truth right there.......

but its bull **** to the honest man ( i dont know pSSycotic, but id like to bet he or she is a good person and dosent get drunk and drive around with guns tring to kill people with sub-machine guns) its no biggie except for the court cost and the time that you have to go **** with the ticket......
Old 04-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

**** i hope mine goes this well, i got pulled over on Saturday for the same thing. That was the only reason he stopped me...in a pack of 5 other cars speeding between here and lubbock.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i dont have a front plate on my TA, and i never will, no matter how high the fine get's i dont care. I've gotten like 3 tickets and got all of them dismissed. It's my car and i'm not gonna make it look like crap just cause there is a bullshit law that says i need a front plate when in actuality it doesn't matter at all. Plenty of states dont have that stupid front plate law and i dont see their crimes rates going sky high lol

Last edited by White95TA; 04-17-2006 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

lol i was actually the desinated driver that night like usual and anyone that knows me knows i drive like a grandma lol i baby my car except for the occasional short little races( i dont drink much, more of a toker lol but i dont smoke and drive) i was like look dude u here are my keys and u can look wherever in my car get dogs out here and u can do what you need...he was still a **** to me

if u get it dismissed there are no court fees just waste of your time...

someone told me that if u fight it tell the judge u had a custom grille and someone stole it off and you have since gotten a new one...they will usually be cool about it at least in harris county they are...where i live in montgomery county they dont give a **** i talked to a sheriff here about it here and he told me most of them dont pay attetion see if people have them just the DPS..
Old 04-17-2006, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pSSycotic
where i live in montgomery county they dont give a **** i talked to a sheriff here about it here and he told me most of them dont pay attetion see if people have them just the DPS..
thats pretty much everywhere...with the few exceptions.. i drive on I-45 alot and got tired of the DPS pulling me over for it... so i put mine on..
Old 04-21-2006, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Same crap here. I got a ticket close to a month ago for not having one on. Showed up in court and showed pics to the judge and he decided to cut the fine in half. I thought the SOB would dismiss it. I ended up paying $65 and got 3 mth probation for this stupid ticket. Newayz it's taken care of and I left the front license plate on. I don't care I love my car but I don't want those SOB to bother me again. Waste my time
Old 04-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

just have the license plate on the dash...
Old 04-21-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
Yeah, that is why the vast majority of states dont have to use a front plate.

Brandon
Old 04-21-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

did you see the petition that was going around here in the texas section? petition to get rid of that dumbfkk law
Old 04-22-2006, 06:48 AM
POC
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NTXCrazyOne
just have the license plate on the dash...
You'll still get a ticket for no front plate. It has to be on the front most part of your car. Ask me how i know???
Old 04-23-2006, 01:00 AM
10 Second Sleeper Club

Hey, I got one for yall. Pulled over because the dealer installed License plate frame coverred 1/3 of the word Texas -WTF . Long lecture made me run late but I got no ticket. The car is a 2000 that I got new. They waited 5 damn years to stop me for this ****?!?!?!?!?!?