Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pacesetter or hooker?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pacesetter or hooker?

Well I was going to go with the pacesetter long tubes with tsp ory but someone had told me the hookers fit better, no rubbing on the plugs. The hookers are almost the same price with hooker ory. Anybody have this setup?
Old 04-17-2006, 02:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whoever told you that pacesetters rub anything (let alone plugs, wtf?) doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. They're one of the easiest headers to install on fbody's.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:30 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

well i just got some jet-hots with a jet-hot y pipe and ive heard good things about all of them, i heard the pacesetter y-pipe bangs on the floorboard.

i went with jet-hot because i guess they are designed better than the hookers and thhey are jet hot coated (along with my y-pipe)
Old 04-18-2006, 04:02 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Go with the Pacesetters...enough said.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pacesetters are fine, as is the Y (at least in my case the Y hasn't banged yet) as for the wires touching the plugs, on the #5 wire, it touches the primary on the headers, but so far no problems with that
Old 04-18-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

....and just to clear it up Jethots are Hooker knock offs with the o2 bung moved. When the Hookers came out, just like almost anything for our cars, they were the best thing since sliced butter for the price/quality. So Jethot made a couple changes to them and started making them.

I don't know if Hooker has changed their design any from when they first came out. I have some of the first ones with the Hooker y and never had any banging/rubbing issues.

I think that almost all the headers for our cars are pretty good. I've heard stuff about Flowtech and the like but I don't know anyone personally that has them.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WhiteRhino
....and just to clear it up Jethots are Hooker knock offs with the o2 bung moved. When the Hookers came out, just like almost anything for our cars, they were the best thing since sliced butter for the price/quality. So Jethot made a couple changes to them and started making them.

I don't know if Hooker has changed their design any from when they first came out. I have some of the first ones with the Hooker y and never had any banging/rubbing issues.

I think that almost all the headers for our cars are pretty good. I've heard stuff about Flowtech and the like but I don't know anyone personally that has them.
I don't think the jet hots are hooker knock off's. The jet hots also have a thicker flange than the hookers from what I understand.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:53 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hookers are going to be more f a pain in the *** than the pacesetters.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Pacesetter, best part and fit for the money. I have had hookers, and helped install flowtech's, still like my pacesetter's the best.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:16 AM
12 Second Club

Go Pacesetter. Here are my race LT's I just got in:
Old 04-19-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
I don't think the jet hots are hooker knock off's. The jet hots also have a thicker flange than the hookers from what I understand.
I dont want to hijack this thread, but Jethots were originally Hooker knock offs. When the Hookers first came out as an affordable header for the F-bodies they were selling like hotcakes. Jethot was doing alot of coatings on the Hookers. After a couple of months Jethot asked what they could do to improve on them, like the o2 bung being moved to the inside and such. Then they came out with the Jethot headers.

I'm not saying Jethots are bad. At the time there was a huge demand for inexpensive headers and they decided to knock off the Hookers, make them more how people wanted them and I personally think there a good header. When I see people comparing them to Hookers, I'd rather just tell people the truth and go from there. Can't blame them for what they did. If I had the resources I'd do the same!