Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

strange noise from exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange noise from exhaust??

over the weekend i noticed a odd "chirping" like noise coming from around the driver side collector (gets louder and faster when backpressure and no throttle is present ie above 3k on a downshift) mabey an hour after i threw a code po134 - 02 sensor ckt no activity bank 1 sensor 1- on the way home from getting the code read i must have knocked the senor loose drove it home mabey a mile or two waited for it to cool off repluged the 02 sensor and tighten the wires up, but the noise is still present i havnt cleared the code yet but i was wondering if i could have damaged the 02 driving the car without that one pluged in ???Will an o2 make noise like that if it has gone bad???? any suggestions or ideas
Old 04-18-2006, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody? well does anyone know exactly how you know if you 02 sen. has gone bad? Will it make any noise? my car is idling a little funny.. i hope its just the 02 gone bad so air/fuel is off a little does this sound like a good conclusion...come on someone help???