Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel trims quit responding

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel trims quit responding

Doing some datalogging today and I noticed that sometimes while cruising down the road the trims go to "0" and quit responding. The a/f will start moving around a bit at this time since there's no O2 compensation. Then they'll go back after a bit. They might stay off for a minute or more, and it's not when the engine is cold or sitting idling. Are they somehow cooling off or is there something set in my tune incorrectly? I cannot find any correlation on my logs as to why they shut off, or why they go back on. The car uses cast manifolds with heat wrap, so I doubt they're cooling off.

Is there a condition that is met, or a particular dtc that causes the trims to stop responding? I did set a P0430 catalyst efficiency yesterday, but I've seen the trims stop before without setting a code, all the while cruising down the road. Did it again today on a short trip into town.

05 GTO LS2 with twin turbos.

Jody
Old 04-19-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

are you talking about short or long trims? Or both? What are you using to scan also?
Old 04-19-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by brad8266
are you talking about short or long trims? Or both? What are you using to scan also?
Both trims lock on "0". I am using HPTuners VCM scanner and their new LS2 tuning software.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

cooked them on your turbo car .
Old 04-20-2006, 01:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by z-ya
cooked them on your turbo car .
Don't think that's it. They work most of the time, it's only occasionally they lock on "0" and don't respond. Decels I understand going open loop but sometimes just cruising along they shut off, then later they're back on. Trying to figure out what trips them, but I don't see anything on the datalogs that's doing it.

Jody