Last weeks race report

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 02:08 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Last weeks race report

This past Saturday we went to Angleton Raceway. It is a small grassroots track about 40 minutes from my house. It was the 1st points race of the season.

Made 3 TT. Put a new set of slicks on(2nd set of the year). Car ran slow but she ran a 6.63, 6.62 and a 6.60. She is consistant.

1st round I dialed a 6.59. Did my burnout pull up and put on the 1st stage bulb. I wait for the other guy to stage. He rolls in and puts both lights on. I get on the convert and press the brake pedal as normal and the pedal goes to the floor and I roll the lights for a 1st round red light loss. I move over to the left side of the track and slowly drive to the 1st turn off. I managed to get the car back to the tralier and stopped. We look the car over to find the problem. The problem was that I had a pin hole in the steel braided brake line going into the drivers side brake. I get my cool wheelies haave taken its toll on my brake lines. Easy fix but DAMN it would have sucked big time to happen at the top end of the track going 104 mph.

This week I am thinking about going to a new track in East Texas. Pine Valley Raceway. I have to get my racin fix for the week somehow.

Coach
Old 04-19-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoa! That is scary, glad you were able to stop Coach ... and glad you are safe.

Jen had the same thing happen, but one of our lines rubbed on the spring. It happened when she turned on her line lock and was about to do a burnout. It didn't hold and luckily she did not get on the throttle (she was waiting for the pair at the line to go). I drove it back to the pits slowly, but had to use a fence to stop it. I was going about 3-5 MPH. I agree, it would have been very hairy at the top end.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:30 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer about your line Coach (and Jen) but glad to hear both cases ended with minimal damage and not finding no brakes at speed.

Hopefully you'll have better luck this weekend Coach, car still seems to be there!

Derek
Old 04-20-2006, 05:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad ya stopped at that point Coach & nothing major happened

Hopefully next weekend & best wishes buddy .

peace