Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need clutch advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need clutch advice

For one reason or another my brand new ram powergrip hd decided to take a dump, so now I am in need of a new clutch. Right now I'm leaning heavily towards a centerforce dual friction clutch(the new 12" style)with an slp steel billet flywheel. I want some peoples opinions on this clutch and their experiences with it. I need to order a new clutch at the latest by tomorrow night. The car has already been in the shop for two weeks already and im not gonna leave it in there for anothertwo weeks. It's my daily driver so I dont need anything to crazy, I just want a clutch with smooth engagement that will hold power and last me at least more than 600 miles(which is ridiculous). I am not planning on putting down more than 380rwhp in the next 2 years, and only race it maybe once a month, so I mainly want a good, reliable, streetable clutch that will handle abuse every now and then. I have looked at the ls7, but I dont think I want to go in that direction at the moment unless I'm heavily swayed. Just need some advice/help before I spend another 600-700 bucks on a clutch.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

if you want to keep it cheap why not get a LS6 LUK one off of ebay. They are 310 shipped to your door. Then do a drill mod and if you don't have 01+ slave get one. I would say that will be fine for a DD car with some "abuse" every once and a while. That is the most economical way, I am going to spend the extra 200 or so and get the LS7 just to be safe.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well the centerforce is $370 shipped, and i need to buy a flywheel. I have a new slave and adj. master with the drill mod. I think I'm gonna go with the centerforce, seems like a good clutch and with the new flywheel should be perfect for me. Let's hope this one doesnt go out on me after only 600 miles and no abuse at all.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

not a bad deal...but the LUK kit comes with clutch, flywheel, pilot bearing and throwout bearing

Quick Reply: Need clutch advice