LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Texas Speed and performance

Old 04-19-2006, 04:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Texas Speed and performance

I knwo they are a very reputable shop and have answerd all my questions i have ever asked them. They are the nicest on the phone and very helpful. I just am alittle upset about how they resently been takin care of my situation. I ordered Prc dart cnc ported heads with an ms3. Jason said the heads would clear without fly cutting. They didnt and thats not his fault and he made it clear to me that all the dart heads have different valve drop. Thats not the problem. So i sent the heads back (67$ later out of my pocket) They got the heads and said somethign is not right so he would get me new ones. I called last week and jason told me he had the new heads and were ready to ship but forgot to send them out as they sat for 2 weeks. I now called today to make sure he sent them out and he told me that there not goin to work for me and said he much rather sell me a head he knows will work.... so i am goin with the prc ls6 cnced heads. He said i am at the top of his list and they shoudl be done thursday (as my car has been now sitting at a friends shop for 2 months) I asked if he could send them over night or even 2nd day... he said he will see what he can do. I am not tryin to bash this shop at all they are great guys i just hope thigns turn out right and i get my car running asap the nice weather is here and my car is sitting in a garge with my friend busting my ***** to get it out fast
Old 04-20-2006, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

Default Dart Heads Response

Originally Posted by 35thls1ss19
I know they are a very reputable shop and have answerd all my questions i have ever asked them. They are the nicest on the phone and very helpful. I just am alittle upset about how they resently been takin care of my situation. I ordered Prc dart cnc ported heads with an ms3. Jason said the heads would clear without fly cutting. They didnt and thats not his fault and he made it clear to me that all the dart heads have different valve drop. Thats not the problem. So I sent the heads back (67$ later out of my pocket) They got the heads and said somethign is not right so he would get me new ones. I called last week and jason told me he had the new heads and were ready to ship but forgot to send them out as they sat for 2 weeks. I now called today to make sure he sent them out and he told me that there not goin to work for me and said he much rather sell me a head he knows will work.... so i am goin with the prc ls6 cnced heads. He said i am at the top of his list and they shoudl be done thursday (as my car has been now sitting at a friends shop for 2 months) I asked if he could send them over night or even 2nd day... he said he will see what he can do. I am not tryin to bash this shop at all they are great guys i just hope thigns turn out right and i get my car running asap the nice weather is here and my car is sitting in a garge with my friend busting my ***** to get it out fast
Our valve job depths are very specific in regards to the relationship to the deck surface. I have personally called both Jason and Trevor at TSP and am awaiting their return call. I would love to discuss the problems with the heads. Free drop is a good way to guestimate your piston to valve clearance, but experience in this industry tells me that GM blocks have machine tolerances that vary alot, this can leave on engine piston to deck measurement being different than another, this can also attribute to piston to valve clearances, so can head gasket thickness. We built the head to be a bolt on, and why we have had to modify a few things to make more aftermarket parts fit, like the Jesel and T&D rockers, and the Crane rocker arm kits, we have done so without any additional cost in the heads, no cost to the consumers!! There are alot of guys on here who have bolted on our heads without any fly cutting, and there are some that have had problems with heads modified outside of Dart, I cant tell someone why this is, when someone else cnc ports them do they deck the heads before or after? I wonder because they still claim the same cnc volume as when they left, this clearly will change the piston free drop, because if you cnc the chamber it would get bigger and in order to make them smaller they need to be milled.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us directly, I know I have stressed this on here alot but again will reiterate, please contact darttech@dartheads.com, 248-362-1188, or email jkeyes@dartheads.com

Last edited by Dart331Stroker; 04-20-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Launching!

Will the Darts work out of the box with the MS3 without flycutting?

35th; Jason and TSP will make it up to you. I have bought numerous parts from them without problems. TSPs customer service tops everyone!

Last edited by USMC Devil Dog; 04-21-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by USMC Devil Dog
Will the Darts work out of the box with the MS3 without flycutting?

35th; Jason and TSP will make it up to you. I have bought numerous parts from them without problems. TSPs customer service tops everyone!
i disagree, i have had nothign but problems and when i was shipped a ypipe that wouldnt fit they told me to just go to an exhaust shop they cant do anything, thats just the tip of the iceburg, some are happy with them and others hate them, kinda reminds me of more performance
Old 04-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
i disagree, i have had nothign but problems and when i was shipped a ypipe that wouldnt fit they told me to just go to an exhaust shop they cant do anything, thats just the tip of the iceburg, some are happy with them and others hate them, kinda reminds me of more performance
WS6,
I know you have. I have read several posts of yours stating that fact. I don't know about your Y pipe but mine installed without problems. Mistakes are made, no one is perfect.

35thls1ss19,
Just give em time (be realistic but don't allow too much) and don't be afraid or think that you are pestering them if you call! You have the right to know what's going on with your order.

And remember that the Darts and TSPs DART CNC program are still new to the LSX market and bugs may still need to be worked out. TSPs LS6 worked heads seem to be an excellent head. I have seen VERY good numbers when they are used. Now that its that time of the year maybe we will see some track times to accompany those great power numbers!

Think positive ole buddy, things work out in the end just give it time!

Rob
Old 04-21-2006, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

I bought a catback from TSP about six months back with chrome tips. When I received the exhaust, the tips didn't fit the pipes. I called them and they told me to send the tips back and they would send me new ones out. I sent the rejected ones back and still haven't received the replacements. I tried calling and get a busy tone every time. I sent emails and had one response stating that their looking into it. I've heard of complaints about the tips not fitting in other posts and should have known better. But you would think they would have fixed the problem after all of the complaints. I wont be buying anything else from them.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

WS6,
I know you have. I have read several posts of yours stating that fact. I don't know about your Y pipe but mine installed without problems. Mistakes are made, no one is perfect.

35thls1ss19,
Just give em time (be realistic but don't allow too much) and don't be afraid or think that you are pestering them if you call! You have the right to know what's going on with your order.

And remember that the Darts and TSPs DART CNC program are still new to the LSX market and bugs may still need to be worked out. TSPs LS6 worked heads seem to be an excellent head. I have seen VERY good numbers when they are used. Now that its that time of the year maybe we will see some track times to accompany those great power numbers!

Think positive ole buddy, things work out in the end just give it time!

Rob

i hear ya and i do call quite offten.. I just feel since they messed up and told me somehtign worn i should be top priority. I did talk to jason yesterday and he said he was hopeing to ship the heads out yesterday (friday) so i told him i will call back monday to get a tracking number. All i can do is trust them they are so knowledgeable on the phone and nice. well see what happenes monday
Old 04-22-2006, 03:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

WS6,
Totally agree but in my work, whenever I make mistakes I go out of my way to make things right and deal with each person how I would want to be dealt with. Fact of the matter is I was told they couldn't help me and get a muffler shop to do it. I would love that, it would be easy, but noone will touch and off road setup around here.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:38 PM
FormerVendor

Totally agree but in my work, whenever I make mistakes I go out of my way to make things right and deal with each person how I would want to be dealt with. Fact of the matter is I was told they couldn't help me and get a muffler shop to do it. I would love that, it would be easy, but noone will touch and off road setup around here.
Customer Service is one of our main priorities, it bothers us when people are having problems with parts they buy from us so we always try to reslove things quickly and fairly.

Who told you that we could not help you?? Did you modify the pipe in any way after deciding it could not fit?? If you think it didnt fit or just didnt like it period I would have happily refunded your money. There are people who call, not often, but they do call with problems installing the y-pipes but after talking with them on the phone and through emails they always end up getting it to work, it can be tricky sometimes. The Y-pipes are bent on a mandrel so every peice is exactly the same as the one before so there should have been no fitment issues, im not saying you didnt install it right or that it wasnt a defective peice, its just that I have seen people (even exhaust shops) give up on installing it and then after talking it over with them on the phone we always figure out what the problem is.

I'm sorry you had problems in dealing with us, if you ever need anything let me know and I'll make sure it happens for you.

Zach
Old 04-22-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

im not going to steal anymore threads, ive done that too much lately so im shooting you a pm
Old 04-24-2006, 09:55 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Honboy1
I bought a catback from TSP about six months back with chrome tips. When I received the exhaust, the tips didn't fit the pipes. I called them and they told me to send the tips back and they would send me new ones out. I sent the rejected ones back and still haven't received the replacements. I tried calling and get a busy tone every time. I sent emails and had one response stating that their looking into it. I've heard of complaints about the tips not fitting in other posts and should have known better. But you would think they would have fixed the problem after all of the complaints. I wont be buying anything else from them.
I apologize that you have had problems with our exhaust. You have not been able to get a hold of us for six months??? We're more than willing to help you out. Feel free to give us a call or shoot us an e-mail at trevor@texas-speed.com, and we'll get you taken care of.

As for the y-pipe, there is NO WAY we told you there is nothing we can do for you. We take time address any concerns people have, and we NEVER blow people off with a generic answer like we can't help you. Give us a call or e-mail us, and we will be happy to help you out. The only way we would not be able to take the y-pipe back is if it has been modified. Please give us a call, or PM or e-mail one of us with your phone number so we can contact you.

Jason
Texas Speed & Performance
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 04-24-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Jason, you did this to me so I dont know why you are saying you didn't. Your exact words were "go to an exhaust shop and get them to fit it up, there isn't anything we can do as we do not make the pipes in house". I am talking with Zach right now about it and emailed him some information. I am at least willing to hear him out and see what he says. Even though I have given you all another chance before and it didn't work, as long as your guys are willing to make things right I am willing to listen
Old 04-24-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn 35th, I was looking forward to see what you were going to put down with that combo. I was hoping to live out what could've been on my car through you!

Good luck and sorry for all the bumps in the road. I'm sure it will all be worth it though

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Texas Speed and performance