Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

torque management

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default torque management

what exactly is torque management and what will it affect if I get it deleted. I have a basically stock 02 WS6 with bolt ons. Will it affect my every day driving.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

search not working?
Old 04-19-2006, 08:13 PM
FormerVendor

TM is a function designed into the PCM to keep the transmission from breaking prematurely. The PCM will pull timing out just before the shifts (mostly in the autos) to bleed off some power until the shift is made. The PCM does it so quick that you really don't get the feel that it is happening. Most times when you go to the track is when it rears its head. You may have a car that makes the numbers to turn a certain ET range and yet the car doesn't lay the number because of this. We use EFI Live software and can log data that shows the timing being pulled out. Many times it can be disabled with tuning. It seems as if this varies through the years.

Turning TM all together is not always recommended with an auto as it will keep thr tranny living longer. TM an also be "reduced" as opposed to totally disabling it. On the street it is not too much if a factor for normal driving.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:45 PM
12 Second Club

I turned it off in an M6.

It didn't seem to make a difference.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can turn it off in M6's even though it doesn't do anything. For an A4 it is not good to turn it off due to the computer usses that table to control shift pressures.You want to raise max torque to your estimated engine torque output.