Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

My Moser 9" is on the Way...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 11:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My Moser 9" is on the Way...

I ended up going with a nodular housing, 31 spline, spooled unit with a 4.11 gear. Anybody else running the same rear? How do you like it?

I guess I better forget about that autocross next weekend...
Old 04-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

I ordered my moser 9" yesterday from speed inc. Went with 3.89 & a spool. Cant wait to finally be able to take advantage of the 4000 stall & mickeys. I also picked up a bmr x-stream rear bar for the swap to finish it off.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Doofy
I ordered my moser 9" yesterday from speed inc. Went with 3.89 & a spool. Cant wait to finally be able to take advantage of the 4000 stall & mickeys. I also picked up a bmr x-stream rear bar for the swap to finish it off.
Sweet. Tick Performance here in NC made me a deal I couldn't refuse on the 9", so I ordered through them. I'll be using the Spohn rear drag bar on mine.

Good luck! We'll be spooling...
Old 04-21-2006, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

How much did you guys pay? PM me if need be.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hey guys are you going to be running the spools on the street? And how fast will that eat up a set of tires?any other neg. things about running a spool?I need a 12 bolt or a 9" but trying to save every dollar i can get a locker or a posi later if it is too unbearable.thanks for any info you can give me
Old 04-22-2006, 09:31 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dave70
hey guys are you going to be running the spools on the street? And how fast will that eat up a set of tires?any other neg. things about running a spool?I need a 12 bolt or a 9" but trying to save every dollar i can get a locker or a posi later if it is too unbearable.thanks for any info you can give me
I have a friend who ran a 9" and spool for a little while on the street.

He switched to a locker, and likes that MUCH better.

He said he'd have to spin the tires when pulling into a parking spot, or it would "bind up" or somthing.

He has a heads/cam built 396 LT1, with spray.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dave70
I dont plan on seeing too much street time with mine but a few nights a month it will prob be out on the streets. I will probobly remove more tire beatin on it than parking lot manuvers will. The price of a locker over a spool is not much either since you have to get something in the first place, maybe 150-200 bucks. I will be gettin another 3rd member w/ a locker and some 2.?? gears this summer so it can see some more street time. I would reccomend that if you DO plan on driving it on the steets go w/ a locker or limited slip. My .02
Old 04-22-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have close to the same setup except I have 35 spline axles. Also running 4:11's with a spool. It's not a daily driver but it does see the street quite often and if I had to do it all over again it would still have a spool in it. I don't have to worry about parking lots because if I am going to the store for something I'm sure I won't be taking the T/A. That's what DD cars are for.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blue01ta
I have close to the same setup except I have 35 spline axles. Also running 4:11's with a spool. It's not a daily driver but it does see the street quite often and if I had to do it all over again it would still have a spool in it. I don't have to worry about parking lots because if I am going to the store for something I'm sure I won't be taking the T/A. That's what DD cars are for.

I'll make a new thread after a few weekends of driving the car. It sees maybe 3k miles per year, so I don't think I'll be doing too much of this...

Besides, we build RACE cars, right?