Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help me with this guy

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 11:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me with this guy

Theres a guy on a local forum that is saying something about he can switch between high and low boost on an 03 Cobra. I didnt think you could with out takeing a pulley off. Does he know what hes talking about? Below is his quotes along with my responses. BTW his last car was a SRT4.

I need to have it tuned though. Running low boost 14psi.. I have a new car though. No more blue srt-4.
No its silver! And yes she is blown but not tuned. Running low boost too. She dont' get tuned till mid may. Just want to see what she does pre-tune and get some seat time practicing launches without breaking a halfshaft.
Whats done to it that you need a tune already? And its blown changing between "low boost" and "high boost" would be changing the pulley between larger and smaller sizes.

Not stock blower you can change boost from 14psi-21psi of course 21psi would be for a fully built engine.. I am hoping the tuner can safley up the boost to 17psi most people are running perfect on 17psi

That is all I said so far.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, you do have to change the pulley, but it's still using the "stock blower" to create the boost. I don't the he quite understands the concept. :dunno:
Old 04-20-2006, 04:48 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't waste your time with him. lol... Bob
Old 04-20-2006, 07:07 AM
NKAWTG...N

I know you can use some BOV's to prevent an over boost, not sure if you can use a superchargers bypass valve in the same way, but I don't see why not. But that would mean he would always have the higher boost pully on and the bypass would vent the extra psi to atmosphere.