Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have the Jeg's GS-1 sport seats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool Does anyone have the Jeg's GS-1 sport seats?

like the thread states i was wondering if anyone has these seats, are they any good an can you tell me how much they weigh-i like the looks of them alot-here's the link thanx alot-------------->http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0509&langId=-1
Old 04-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Restricted User

Wow, definately like to know the weight as well. I like the tan one. But they are probably 28# or something, making the $ not worth it.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking at those before I bought the Corbeau Forza's..... only 16lbs. a piece and about the same price as the Jegs seat-
Old 04-21-2006, 01:14 AM
TECH Resident

The Jegs seat is porky. It weighs the same as my stock seat with the power adjuster. I was disappointed when it arrived but I have had full on lightweight race seats in one of my cars and I can,t live with it for more than a quarter mile.
Mounting is a fun game of cutting and welding as well.
I actually chopped the stock mounting tabs off the power seat bracket and welded them to the sliders that came with the seat. It works.
Its a quality seat for as cheap as it is but if your wanting something light then I wouldn,t buy the GS-1. It is more comfy to sit in for 20 to 30 minutes than a Kirkey is.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Restricted User

I figured it would be a porker. Guess a pair of Kirkeys will be on order once I move back to the mainland! I've ridden cross country in one of my old Z's with a Kirkey, I guess my tush fits it just right, I didnt mind too much. I'd like to recline, but something about the rollbar stops that, hmmm... Thanks for the info on it.

Charlie
Old 04-21-2006, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

man this sucks, i really like these seats too, but it does no good if they wiegh the same as my stockers-can anyone else verify this? these "kirkey" seats they look anything like the GS-1's?
Old 04-21-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Daredevil_TA
man this sucks, i really like these seats too, but it does no good if they wiegh the same as my stockers-can anyone else verify this? these "kirkey" seats they look anything like the GS-1's?
My bathroom scale "verified" it but why not just call up Jegs and ask.
Kirkeys look nothing like the GS-1. They are a true "race" piece, I would love to have one but I am 250 lbs and I have never been able to tolerate a true racein g seat for too long.

Its ironic really, I have no power steering, no heat or AC, and I have no overdrive transmission but I refuse to compromise when it comes to my ***.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have the Jeg's GS-1 sport seats?