General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Engine cranks, but no go.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine cranks, but no go.

I am the original owner of a 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 with 12,000 miles. I have not made any modifications to the engine. I was moving the car in and out of the garage while working on lawnmowers, all of a sudden, it won’t start. I checked all the under hood fuses and relays, all checked out. The car started. While letting it run, I made sure all fuses and relays were seated. Shut off the car, then it would not start. I have checked to see if I could duplicate the start, by pulling the fuses and relays and leaving them not fully seated, no go. However, I don’t know if this has anything to do with my non start. The battery has been checked out, and I have 50 to 55 psi at the fuel rail. . I have an old Auto X-ray with a generic OBDII connector, and it shows no MIL set, and no engine codes. (The auto x-ray works for my ’96 Sonoma with OBDII) I checked the pink wire at the coils and it is nowhere near battery voltage. Is it a loose wire? Do I have to trace a short? Would not a bad PCM set a code? All the lights and bells come on inside, and the engine turns over. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Security light does not come on and checked today at the terminal under the dash and got proper (key) resistance