Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

direct port fuel only shot

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 08:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Default direct port fuel only shot

think the plastic intake would break with 20psi in it with holes drilled for a direct port shot?

would have to be boost reverenced 1:1, would use race gas.

looking to spray race gas under wide open, say a 400 shot of fuel which

is there a direct port nozzle that can supply the 50hp worth of fuel for each cylinder?

any cool parts related to this idea i'd love to see.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you would have extremely poor results shooting in that much fuel with no method of atomizing it.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hmmm.
I do not know how that would work or if I even would try it. But putting together the directport is no problem.
Dave
Old 04-21-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

a regular fuel jet for a wet system would not diffuse the fuel appropriately?

what are your concerns about trying it?
Old 04-21-2006, 10:33 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the direct port nozzles are desined to use the high velocity nitrous to atomize the fuel. its a realy good idea but i think you will need a little nitrous to help atomize the fuel even a super small jet. I would think the NX mazimizer using the RPM based progressive pattern would work very well in this aplication. unless your opposed to using 2 power adders I think its still a very good idea. a little nitrous to help out the intercooler never hurt anybody
Old 04-21-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
a regular fuel jet for a wet system would not diffuse the fuel appropriately?

what are your concerns about trying it?
most jets ive seen use the high pressure nitrous coming out the tip to diffuse and spray the fuel.

you can really see the diff if you've ever seen a nozzle sprayed into a bucket... (i HIGHLY dont advise doing that with both the nitrous and fuel, however, ive seen it done.)

the only exception ones i can think of are the little tiny ones that NOS uses in their under-manifold kit... they use completely separate nozzles for fuel and nitrous... although they recommend having the two cones converge... who knows...

my question is, with the fuel expecting to be coming from this, how are you going to stop the 400+hp worth of fuel your injectors are already spraying?

this sounds like a very risky experiment. i wouldnt try it.. pockets arnt deep enough, however i like your idea... id like to use separate injectors, and not a constant flow nitrous setup, but i like your idea.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:39 AM
10 Second Club

I also think you would need a small amount of nitrous to help with the fuel going in. In order for you to spray that much fuel in your tune would have to be so lean while your spraying that to componsate for that much fuel. But I see a good idea in the works.Keep working at it I would like to see your results.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:49 AM
FormerVendor

You've got a pretty good idea there Mighty Mouse, but like other's have said, I'm not sure how you would get the fuel to atomize without nitrous.

Have you thought about just adding more injectors. NXRicky installed a turbo on his 6.0L truck a while back and to add fuel he just fabbed up a plate that goes between the throttle body and the intake and installed two injectors in it. He controls the injectors via an independent program so that they start adding more fuel according to boost. Something similar could easily be adapted for your application I would think, and it would be alot more controllable than nozzles with jets.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

This was my first thought:

Plumb the kit using NOS style dry nozzles only running fuel through them, I would test a nozzle first to see how the fuel flows from them but I think it would direct the flow of fuel where you want it to go. Run the system at 60psi vs. 20psi like you had mentioned.

NX's nozzles for the NXL kit do not have the fuel and nitrous hitting each other to atomize the mixture, they just have two holes point down at the back of the intake valve so fuel and nitrous go straight into the motor. You are basically just leaving nitrous out of the equation doing it this way.

Use a GOOD progressive nitrous controller w/ all the safety precautions to control the flow of the fuel into the motor as well.

I think it would take a pretty good amount of testing but I personally think it is a great idea!
Old 04-21-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why couldn't you use a modified version of this FJO
Old 04-21-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Junkie

thinking about it, i really believe you'll be better off running injectors on a stand alone device...

cheap route might be a megasquirt for a controler, and a seperate fuel system with injectors for fuel...

there have been setups like this used successfully in the past... esp with the older TPI motors.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

good info on needing the nitrous to diffuse the gas.

i have a plastic ls1 intake, not easy to mount 8 more injectors. a custom 16 bung job would be in the $2k range not counting injectors or rails

i allready have a meth kit, looking for something more seamless and dependable

i allready have bs3, it can pull or add fuel based on wideband at any load.. if i sprayed a wet shot it would trim the main injectors down.

i could spray 1 big injector but i'm worried about distribution, problem i allready have with the alky kit
Old 04-21-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Junkie

well, if you want to get into weird science.... what about propane?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

i forgot to add, not interested in having 2 power adders.. or a pressure vessel of any fill
Old 04-21-2006, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
good info on needing the nitrous to diffuse the gas.

i could spray 1 big injector but i'm worried about distribution, problem i allready have with the alky kit
Why do you need nitrous to diffuse the gas? I really don't see a problem with using a nozzle that will be spray fuel directly at the valve. As long as it is controlled it should work fine.