Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indexed bottle, Filling it up tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indexed bottle, Filling it up tomorrow!

I finally got time to 'index' the siphon tube in my bottle and will be getting it filled up tomorrow, first thing... My bottle sits in the freezer right now, waiting to go to the shop.

I got some pics below of the Nitrous Direct siphon tube right after I got it out + some pics of the big *** crescent wrench I had to modify slightly to have clearance around the fitting (on the valve) for the pressure guage so the wrench would not butcher it up. I used a 15" Craftsman crescent wrench and a rubber mallet to get the bottle valve loose. Worked like a champ other than having to grind down the wrench a little to fit the bottle valve better.

(and YES, I feel like a dumbass for taking a grinder to a brand new $35.00 wrench, but protecting and not marring the bottle valve was more important to me than the wrench in this case. Now I have a 'custom' bottle valve wrench! Probably worth $50.00 )

FWIW, On my bottle, Nitrous Direct DID have the tube opening indexed towards the bottle nut (as per the industry norm?). Call me crazy but I had to check for myself and it was correct to begin with... I also thought it was pretty cool the way that they had the end of the pick-up tube 'chamfered' as well.

Little details like the way Nitrous Direct indexed the tube, the overall diameter of the tube and the chamfering/funnel shaping at the inside of the end of the pick-up tube make me glad that they got my $$$. Nitrous Direct did not miss any of the little small details (like proper indexing and the beveling) or skimp on the size of the tube when they assembled my bottle. Everything was top notch! Thanks guys! I really appreciate the effort and quality you put into your products.

Just trying to share some info here. Hope I helped somebody out.
Attached Thumbnails Indexed bottle, Filling it up tomorrow!-my-bottle-006.jpg   Indexed bottle, Filling it up tomorrow!-my-bottle-007.jpg   Indexed bottle, Filling it up tomorrow!-my-bottle-009.jpg   Indexed bottle, Filling it up tomorrow!-my-bottle-012.jpg   Indexed bottle, Filling it up tomorrow!-my-bottle-016.jpg  

Old 04-22-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the nice comments. Glad your happy. Nice looking bottle set-up you have, get some pics of your install.
Robert
Old 04-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Board Certified Idiot

Dose that really Help With Filling the bottle sitting it in the freezer over night?? I allways thoght that was B/s in the end
Old 04-22-2006, 12:16 PM
FormerVendor

Depends on if the re-filler has a pump or not. If the re-filler has a pump there is no need to freeze the bottle.

Matt

Originally Posted by Z2K_MrJ
Dose that really Help With Filling the bottle sitting it in the freezer over night?? I allways thoght that was B/s in the end
Old 04-22-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
Depends on if the re-filler has a pump or not. If the re-filler has a pump there is no need to freeze the bottle.

Matt
Fortunately we got a little chest freezer to make the room... The wife did some moving around for me. All is good.

I asked the guy at the shop if I needed to freeze or chill my bottle and he said that it, "would save a little time and make it easier, but that he had a chiller and I did not really have to do it if I didn't want to mess with it." He said that he had a pump, but that the chilling would make it faster. I have no clue really, as I just got this Nitrous set-up going and have NO former experience with the filling process...

$3.25 a lb. for the juice here in the fine state of MS., if anyone was wondering.