LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Tuning help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 06:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Tuning help please

Need some help on a couple of things to get my car running perfect. Ive read and reread injuneers write up and others and some good friends came by today to show me a couple of things but I still need a little help with some issues.
First, when the car is cold (in open loop) it runs rich at part throttle, around 11.8-12.4 according to the air to fuel ratio gauge I have. Once warmed up and goes into closed loop it does ok at staying around 14.7 +-3. What adjustments can I make to fix this since in open loop it runs on set tables and isnt adjusted using the o2 sensors.
Second during deceleration after WOT the car shoots flames out the back. I believe this has something to do with the DFCO table. What should I adjust or do to fix that?
Third, During the hot weather days I get constant knock retard no higher than 5.0 WOT and around 0.1-4.3 at part throttle. Pulling some timing should help correct? I'm pretty sure it's only a degree or 2 is false knock and the rest is real. How much knock is acceptable or can be tolerable?
And sometimes after getting on it a little the car for .5 secondond wont do anything if I hit the throttle again. Is this a tip in issue and how can this be fixed?

Thanks

Ray