Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning problems

Last week I was dropping code P0140, went out to New Era and had them adjust the tune to fix the code and get the partial throttle adjusted due to some hestation when at a 1/4 throttle or less. On HP tuners the car was running lean at partial throttle, we are having problems getting the O2 sensors to communicate the at the same rate, I replaced my driver side with a brand new dealer O2 sensor. Should I get another one for the pass. side or will that not help out?

Last Night I dropped code P0410 for the secondary air injection system. What is going on with that code being thrown? I thought that when I switched to the LS6 intake that the AIR system would have been deleted. I'm gettin a little whissssssss sound from the car at 1/4 throttle is that this system acting up. How do I fix the system?

The car at times is still hestatiting/sluggish but not as much at 1/4 throttle as last week but everythings seems to be fine about that throttle under load.

Last edited by Mike2000Z28; 04-22-2006 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Banned

I thought that when I switched to the LS6 intake that the AIR system would have been deleted.
How do you figure that? I'm just asking. The AIR system connects to the exhaust, has nothing to do with the intake.
I can hear my AIR pump running with a hiss sometimes. I guess you reconnected the AIR to the LT's when installed?
If you deleted the AIR system just delete the DTC setting with HPTuners.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:29 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah i miss posted what I meant to say. I hooked up the air tubes when I did the headers, but when I sent the car out to get the cam/intake done they remove all of the air/egr tubing at once. So I might have to go over and check the rest of the system.

Could there be a leak in one of the caps for those tubes, I'm goin to check on it but its hard when you head outside and its raining. I'll emailed my tuner to see if it was deleted.

I am hearing a hisssing sound, could the pump still be trying to run and if the code is delete then it shouldn't have come up.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Banned

Sounds like you might have a leak in one of the block off plates, that can actually suck air in and cause a mis-read on the o2 sensor on that side.
The AIR pump should be removed and the ses light for it turned off.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hissing is usually a vaccum intake leak.Listen and pinpoint where exactly where it is coming from. That is the first step, eliminate the hissing.