Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Need help FAST....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help FAST....

Okay here is my issue.. I installed my 12 bolt, when i go to line up the torque arm the bracket doesnt line up.. The bottom bolt is off by 1/4 of a inch from the groove thats cut into the pumpkin for the torque arm mount.. I am thinking either grind the groove a extra 1/4 into the pumpikin or shave 1/4 off the torque arm bracket.. I know this sounds silly but its pissing me off.. Has any else had this problem before.. BTW the torque arm is adjustable..

Let me know your thoughts..i tryed walking away and just drinking a beer, but bottom line is something needs to give..
Old 04-23-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

When putting this rear in are all the other bolts in but loose? ie.. lower control arm, shocks etc.. You want to torque the suspension stuff with the axle level and the full weight of the vehicle on it or stuff will bind, and **** won't line up. Just a reminder.

But if you have to grind I would do it on the torque arm not the rear-end. Good luck.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have it.. just looked like the groove in the rear needed to be cleaned up a little... wasnt flat..
Old 04-23-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Excellent I think the beer break or three put your mind at ease...