Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Attention Slowhawk and 8altng

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Attention Slowhawk and 8altng

Ok, I suck, you guys tried to stop me but i didn't listen. I went to the track, it was bad. A/F was all over the place. Now, several days later, tick, tick, tick, tick. what the hell did i do?

lifter maybe? sounds like it's coming from the driver's side. i'm so pissed. i should have listened to you guys.

To anyone reading this: I am a JACKASS. Don and Matt each get to bitch slap me next time they see me, lol. j/k

So, does anyone wanna buy a used 6.0L? It must be worth something right? even the block must be worth a few hundred bucks and the heads are worth a few hundred. It's on ebay and i did say it ticks. Wish me luck.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Junkie

That sucks Dan. I hate to say I told you so..........but I did. I hope that the engine isnt that f'd up and that you can get some money for it. good luck
Old 04-23-2006, 09:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well we cant say everyone didnt tell ya, on to your new motor, and LET SOMEONE TUNE IT
Old 04-23-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by thechef
well we cant say everyone didnt tell ya, on to your new motor, and LET SOMEONE TUNE IT
lol, no ****. i'm not taking the truck back until i am sure it is fully street/strip/dyno tuned. don't care what it costs. I bought an 03 Ford Ranger to drive around in in the meantime.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:45 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The sad part is that the new more powerfull setup will explode faster if the tune was off like your old setup. Don't run it unless it's right
Old 04-24-2006, 08:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
The sad part is that the new more powerfull setup will explode faster if the tune was off like your old setup. Don't run it unless it's right

Noted
Old 04-24-2006, 08:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I should go slap the **** out of the audio guy who i feel is responsible for the maf failure. everything was great until he touched the truck. then all hell broke loose. of course, not having accurate instruction on how to tune in SD didn't help either. My VE table is still totally fucked up. I'm working on getting the a/f commanded and a/f actual to line up. Not as easy as i had thought/hoped.