Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP's are here...is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTP's are here...is this normal?

Finally! After more than two months of waiting my QTP' arrived two days ago! I am psyched! The QTP's look awesome. They are a true work of art. I can't wait to put them in, i can't yet because they forgot to ship the O2 extensions I can't wait to put these on this week. I am absolutely psyched!
There is one thing that concerns me though. I was looking at the headers and the passenger side one seems to be shorter in overall length in comparison to the driver's side one. I checked the website and it says that each pipe is 30" in length. If this is true, shouldn't both headres be the exact same length? Is this ok? Is this normal, or will it cause adverse effects when installing? Someone please chime in. Thanks.
P.S: i really hope this is normal
Old 04-23-2006, 10:46 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The driver side header is a bit shorter overall, and it points at a *slight* angle toward the driver door when bolted on.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

ha ha!!! success! i trust you theblurls1! i've seen you post answers to these external section questions far too many times to doubt you. ...just so i can sleep well for the next couple of nights..IT'S NORMAL, right?
Old 04-23-2006, 11:35 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem!

Check out my post in this thread...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/494576-headers-td-s-stall-install-advice.html

... for a little help on getting those TSP duals riding high and dry. The key to that game is patience.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Staging Lane

good luck with the headers mine were installed last week the headers hit the steering shaft and rest and bang againt passenger side of k member....if yours are installed already have you had this problem???
Old 05-02-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn i want mine it only been a month but i should be getting them soon i hope!!