General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Still having problems!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still having problems!

Well I am scared for advice but need it and want it. I recenlty replaced my water pump because it went out also the t-stat, my belts, fuel filter and spark plugs and wires. Prior to this I had begun to experiece problems with my car on the highway. Its a 98 z28 and here is the problem sometimes when I give it gas 50mph-60mph is starts to shake the exhuast or motor or something, like vibrating not all the time but I know that my car has an exhaut leak and is missing a 02 sim(ory) it fell off or something but its not there. It feels like it hesitates and begins to vibrate. Any advice on this situation???
Old 04-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Launching!

I'd say you just have a bunch of gunk built up on your top end. Try putting some sea-foam or other cleaner through your engine and see if that helps clear it up. The missing O2 shouldn't cause the shaking. Hope you get it fixed
Old 04-24-2006, 01:09 PM
12 Second Club

Are you having a check engine light? If so what code? Have you had the tires balanced?
Old 04-24-2006, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Well We believe the code is the 02 simm its runing rich and the exhuast leak might set it off.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

98 LSwon that might be a good suggestion anything else???
Old 04-24-2006, 11:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Golden One
Well We believe the code is the 02 simm its runing rich and the exhuast leak might set it off.
Go get your codes read. Autozone/Checkers/Pepboys places will do it for free. Look up your codes to see what they are. You will have some for the rear O2's. It is recommended that you should run some seafoam. Change your plugs after that. Hell, pull your plugs and see if you running rich on one bank or the other. You could have a bad/cracked plug, **** wire, coil or a bad FRONT O2 sensor. Get your codes read and P.M. and I'll be able to help you out.

Ski
Old 04-24-2006, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Ill do it hopefully soon the only other way to explain another syptom I guess is at around 50 the exhaust does not roar any more and begins to bog down. I have changed my wires and plugs.