Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anyone have problems with !wire mod?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone have problems with !wire mod?

Yesterday, I installed my 2 pulleys and did the wire mod. After installing the pullies, the car wouldnt start due to me letting the battery drain. The car finally starts and everything is good. I then continue on with the wire mod, no cutting involved, just unplug everything and plug it back in. I also installed my new painted healights and tried to start the car and nothing. The headlights dont seem to work. When I even turn the key now, both my tailights signals and my high beam lights are on, on the dash. When I push the on the horn, both turn signal lights come on, on the dash. I did not mess with any fuses yesterday or anything. I have checked them and they all seem fine. I am clueless as to what the problem could be.....
Old 04-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Banned

I've had no problem. I just did one step by step. I'm going to have a full !wire kit available complete with every tool or item needed. It even has Velcro strips and zip ties. Fully detailed color instructions.

It's done, just waiting on a few other items for sale.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

links for the steps? I'm just wondering what the !wire mod is.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
links for the steps? I'm just wondering what the !wire mod is.
Its moving the wires from the pass. side (engine comp.) and re routing them through the wheel well. They sit right above the plastic liner in the wheel well. Really cleans up the engine comp. Thats on my list to do. Keep us updated on the "kit" FIREHAWK#608.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Junkie

hmm, I did something like that on my 3rd gen. I might want to do that when I swap the LS1 in.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Banned

The wire mod relocates the wiring harness that runs on top of the passenger side fender to the area between the plastic inner fender and sheet metal.

There's a write up for it at the top of this forum, but my kit has every one of the tools/items needed plus more detailed instructions. The price covers my cost and adds $10 for my time & profit. $45 shipped total. I'll post a pic soon of the total kit.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No problems here, I don't run the car in the rain so I haven't fully tested how 'watertight' my job was. I just wrapped the bejesus out of it with electrical tape.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

try unplugging the connectors, and re attatching them above the shock tower like stock. if thats really the only thing that you did, then your problem should be located in that area. possibly water intrusion on the plug? did you wash your car or engine bay? also try disconnecting the batt and re-connecting. sometimes low voltage can reak havoc on a cars electrical system.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

the car has not seen any water in months. i've disconnected the battery a few times and tried that...now the battery is dead in the garage and I need to go get a charger, but I really don't think that the battery is the issue....we shall see...
Old 04-24-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

last week I did the wire mod, it took my about 3 hours, do to the bolt on the ground wire. it wouldnt unbolt.. beside that everything else was ok..
Old 04-24-2006, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ws6formula98
last week I did the wire mod, it took my about 3 hours, do to the bolt on the ground wire. it wouldnt unbolt.. beside that everything else was ok..
i forgot about that, make sure all of your grounds are nice and tight that too will often cause you serious problems from consumers searching for a ground where ever it can be found. also, electrical problems belive it or not are usually simple, but your possibilities are so vast, that it takes a while to sift through them.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:38 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think its your battery. There is no way to mess up the !wire mod unless you just simply didn't plug one of the connectors back in. Its not like you can plug any of them into the wrong opposite connector as they are all different and unique. GEt a charged battery back in and I'll bet you it will be fine.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:07 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Sounds like a grounding issue to me. Check over your work, unplug/replug connections, check grounds, etc.

Haven't dont it yet, so I really can't be specific.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just bought a battery charger from sears and charged the battery. the car now starts, but the drivers side turn signal is not blinking. I had this issue when before. Since i just installed a new rear panel and export tailights, so i may have something too tight..

Quick Reply: Anyone have problems with !wire mod?