Who has gotten a ticket for blackouts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has gotten a ticket for blackouts?

Anyone here ever gotten a ticket or been specifically pulled over for having black outs on your car?
Old 04-24-2006, 06:21 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have known people who have, if you get pulled over for that, they are usally just looking for a reason to pull you over.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

Only thing stopping me from spraying my tails with VHT Nightshade.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have about 2 or 3 times. (only once in houston though) i dont have them anymore they got stolen. they always said my tail lights werent workin. i finaly got smart enough to ask them if i could have a look... i made one cop look pretty stupid when i did that. because i knew that they worked.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got pulled over once because of the tinted cover on my rear plate. I received a ticket for that and for having 6% tint on the windows. I received a warning for no front plate and expired inspection sticker. When I was signing the ticket, the cop noticed my taillight covers. (I had had my lights on when he stopped me.) He told me they were illegal and I should remove them. So far, no one has noticed my VHT'd sidemarkers and CHMSL.

I removed the tint, taillight covers and front plate insert, got the car inspected, removed the rear plate cover, and got the whole ticket dismissed. Everything went right back on except the tint. I haven't gotten around to getting it yet, but when I do it will be 2.5% all around. Oh, and my DRL and fog light blackouts are in the mail.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

never got a ticket though. only one warning i think too. its been a while cant really remember.. but for sure no tickets.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by komik
I got pulled over once because of the tinted cover on my rear plate. I received a ticket for that and for having 6% tint on the windows. I received a warning for no front plate and expired inspection sticker. When I was signing the ticket, the cop noticed my taillight covers. (I had had my lights on when he stopped me.) He told me they were illegal and I should remove them. So far, no one has noticed my VHT'd sidemarkers and CHMSL.

I removed the tint, taillight covers and front plate insert, got the car inspected, removed the rear plate cover, and got the whole ticket dismissed. Everything went right back on except the tint. I haven't gotten around to getting it yet, but when I do it will be 2.5% all around. Oh, and my DRL and fog light blackouts are in the mail.
Holy crap dude, are you invisible at night?
Old 04-25-2006, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

I've had mine on for about a year, never been pulled over for em.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
Holy crap dude, are you invisible at night?
I can be now that I have a kill switch on my DRLs.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have gotten warnings for them, and almost got a ticket.

I would not reccomend running them in the street, unless you have a LT1 camaro, then it is a neccessity or you will never pick up a woman in your life.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:33 AM
Teching In

I got a ticket for them. Just took them off and they dismissed the ticket. The cop was being a real dick too. Tried to give me some **** about me sticking my tongue out at him....
Old 04-26-2006, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

I got a warning several years ago here in Katy. Decided to take them off right after that since it's not worth the hassle of being pulled over for something so stupid. Same thing with my license plate.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dontshakepandas
I got a ticket for them. Just took them off and they dismissed the ticket. The cop was being a real dick too. Tried to give me some **** about me sticking my tongue out at him....

yeah i got a ticket for them for a DPS officer. And he was also a dick.. He also gave me a ticket for my tint being to dark.. I dont understand how he would of known that since i had my windows down with my T tops off going down 288. I took the black outs off and got that dismissed and just paid the tint ticket.