General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

power antenna on a 1990 corvette broke

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power antenna on a 1990 corvette broke

short version first
- friends dog I was walking went around a shitty 1990 vet and his leash caught the antenna and broke it off. I tried to stop it from happening, but it happened fast..and I was walking my dog at the time too).
I knocked on the door and told the owner. he was a dick. told me today that it was going to cost $336.00 to fix. WTF. is that possible? It just broke the top tier of a 4 piece auto retractable antenna).

__________________________________________________ _______________

more detailed version of the story... it's relevant, but time consuming-

Well. I was walking my dog and a crazy untrained 80lb dog I was taking care of for a friend yesterday and the crazy dog went one way and my dog went another... crazy dog's leash went around and over this corvette.

Oh ****... I figured I could get the leash over the car without touching it... and it was kind of an abused pos anyway... but still I wanted to not scratch it anymore than it already had been.... anyway, it snagged the antenna and grabbed onto the HUMONGOUS button tip thing,.... FUC*K., I tried to get it over but it just snapped off the top piece of the retractable power antenna.. SON OF A BITCH>..

I do the right thing and knock on the door of the house it was parked in front of.

Guy is a complete a**hole about it. Not that it matters, but just to paint a clearer picture, he was some kind of greasy European (not that all Euros are greasy, just this one in parcticular)..

Guy is bitching about his $200 newly replaced antenna and how someone recently broke his window and some other crap I didn't care about... Throwing his antenna all over his car in anger. Punching his hood and bitching to me and his brother (the owner of the house I found out... ******* was just visiting)..

Berfore he even knew what happened I told him that I was sorry it happened and that I was going to pay for it... so he really shouldn't have been that big of a dick, it wasn't a nice corvette, and it wasn't like it was something that could be easily fixed... Either way it was an accident, and I could have very easily walked away from it. (which isn't right, but in retrospect he deserved it.)

Well... I told him he was going to have to shut the fu*k up and quit whining or I'd never pay him and deny it all happened. It was an accident and I felt bad about it, but his attitute was making me less and less willing to pay for the damage I caused.

(long read, sorry)...

I talked to his brother who was being rational about the situation...
He knew which house was mine and he said he would drop off the estimate.

$33O.OO IS WHAT HE SAID!!! I guess that's possible, but FU*K!!!

Does that price sound right?

Should the owner of the dog that caused this pay for it.(not a really good friend of mine.. used to live two houses down.. and was paying me to take care of the dog, but not a bad guy).

Or should I just pay for it and get on with it. (keep in mind I'm really low on cash right now and I was only taking care of his dog for the $300 he was paying me to)

I know it's unltimately my fault.. but fu*k the luck. This dogs a pain in the a** and it's fu*ked that I'm going to end up paying 25 dollars to take care of him... This is fu*ked.

Last edited by danj1111; 04-24-2006 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are great. thanks for the advice.

Last edited by danj1111; 04-25-2006 at 01:24 PM.

Quick Reply: power antenna on a 1990 corvette broke