Things Are Getting Dicey In Houston

Old 04-25-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Things Are Getting Dicey In Houston

People are going in groups and robbing/car jacking people here. I've seen five cases in the last couple weeks and in every single case the victim was packing heat or took the suspects gun from them.

1st story - 4 suspects, 1 killed by the homeowner
2nd story - 5 suspects, 1 killed by the homeowner
3rd story - 3 suspects, fled after being shot at by the store owner
4th story - 2 suspects, 1 killed by motorist, other wounded
5th story - 5 suspects, 2 killed by the homeowner

I hope these criminals start to get the message.

When intruders held his family at gunpoint, victim fought back and survived 3 bullets

By ROBERT CROWE and MIKE GLENN

Bill Harvey can't explain why he's alive to tell how he wrestled a gun from a robber, shot the man and then survived a barrage of bullets from the suspect's three accomplices.

The violent scene unfolded about 6 p.m. Saturday inside Harvey's west Houston home in the 2200 block of Woodland Park Drive while his wife and five children watched.

"I don't know what to think," Harvey, 34, said Sunday. "I absolutely have no remorse now for killing a man, and I'm trying to figure out if that's right or wrong."

Police said Harvey would not face criminal charges. He was shot in the neck, side and lower back. The wound to his neck barely missed his carotid artery.

The name of the intruder Harvey shot has not been confirmed. He wasn't carrying any identification but investigators said they found an electronic hotel door key in his pocket.

"We're trying to see who he might have been with," said Houston Police Sgt. J.T. Wyers.

Harvey gave this account of the night of the gunfight:

The men showed up at his house posing as customers to the family's shipping business, which transports goods to Honduras. Hondurans living in Houston often use the service to send goods back to family and friends, Harvey said.

Demanded money

Before the men arrived at his home, someone called Harvey to ask if he had any shipping boxes. Though an unusual request on a Saturday, Harvey told the caller he had some at his home.

Four Spanish-speaking men seeking boxes arrived outside Harvey's home about 15 minutes later. While showing the men boxes in his garage, they pulled out guns and ordered Harvey and his wife to give them money.

Inside, the men rounded up the couple's five children in the living room and stood guard over them.

The men repeatedly pointed their weapons at the heads of family members as they demanded money. One man vaguely threatened Harvey by telling him not to worry because he would be sleeping after they left.

"I knew he was going to kill me," Harvey said.

As one man stood guard over Harvey in the kitchen, another took his wife into another room to seek her jewelry.

"After they took my wife I knew I had to do something," he said. "I felt I had to react."

He wrestled the gun out of his captor's hands then shot him dead before the other three men ran back toward the kitchen. A shootout followed as the men fired their weapons at Harvey. He was struck three times as he returned fire until emptying the gun in his hand. His wife and children were unharmed.

"They came out spraying bullets at me," he said. "I wasn't trying to dodge the bullets. I was walking right up to the men to shoot them because I thought I was gonna be killed."

After Harvey left the hospital Sunday, he and his family returned home to gather some belongings before spending the night with family members.

Crime scene investigators marked 21 bullet holes and casings.

"It was a miracle to walk in that house and see all those bullets," Harvey said. "I don't know how my family wasn't grazed and I didn't get hit more than three times."

Police believe at least one of the other men was shot before they fled the home in a late-model gray or silver Honda Accord with temporary license plates.

Harvey's wife later told police she thought the intruders might be from Honduras. "They all spoke Spanish — she thought it was a Honduran accent," Wyers said.
Although the investigation into the armed robbery is continuing, Wyers said police believe Harvey's account.
A terrifying home invasion left a man dead in southeast Houston. But it's not the homeowner. It's an apparent criminal.

Police say late Friday night, a couple was just getting home on Flushing Meadow at Astoria when five masked men approached them and forced their way inside the house. The husband got into a struggle with one of the intruders, took his gun away, and shot him to death.

The four other men, claiming to be FBI agents, took off in a gray Chevy Impala. Right now, the search is on for those men.
Police say a similar incident happened a week ago in west Houston, when a homeowner killed a robber after wrestling his gun away from him.
(Copyright © 2006, KTRK-TV)
HOUSTON -- The owner of a southwest Houston pawnshop opened fire on three armed men who tried to rob his business and the shootout was caught on tape, KPRC Local 2 reported Tuesday.
Gunmen entered the A Plus Pawn Shop, in the 11200 block of South Wilcrest, on March 28, and started shooting, according to witnesses.
"I grabbed the first gun I could find and started firing," owner Steve Smith said. "They planned on taking us out, I think. That's the way I figured because they never said a word."
Witnesses said the gun battle sounded like fireworks.
"It looked like a scene from a movie at first. It was like, this cannot be happening," a witness said.
A female employee was shot in the chest and survived.
The shootout was caught on tape by the store's new surveillance video system.
"I really would like to get them off the street because it's going to happen to somebody else," Smith said.
With 20 years in the business, Smith said he has never come face-to-face with gunfire.
"I’m kind of afraid to leave here sometimes because I'm afraid something's going to happen, like they may come back after me," he said.
A man turned the tables on two men who tried to carjack him. Now one suspected carjacker is dead and the other is on the run.
The shooting happened around 11:30pm at the Sliver Springs apartments on South Willow near South Post Oak in southwest Houston. Police tell Eyewitness News that the man was returning home on South Willow near South Post Oak when a gunman approached him in the parking lot and demanded money and his car.

The man shot at the victim after he handed over his keys, but the victim had his own gun and returned fire, shooting and killing one of the carjackers.
An accomplice took off in the victim's car and apparently returned to the scene to pick up his friend. That's when the suspect got into a shootout with the victim. The suspect then tried to get a away again but he didn't have a very smooth exit.
"He ran into some parked vehicles and wasn't able to go any further," said I.F. Flores, Jr. with the Houston Police Department. "He jumped out of the stolen car and ran on foot."
Authorities said that the accomplice may have been injured in the incident and police will be checking local hospitals to see if he sought medical attention.
The victim was not hurt. Police say the shooting appears to be self-defense, but the case is still being referred to the district attorney's office.
Fort Bend officials said the discovery of a man’s body led to the arrest of five home invasion suspects.

Someone called 911 Sunday night and reported finding a body in Katy.

Harris County Sheriff’s deputies said they found five people at the scene and after questioning them, got a confession.

Fort Bend officials said they were dispatched to the same residence in the 5500 block of Maybrook Park Lane two times – once Saturday morning and then Sunday night.

Officials said on Saturday, the suspects allegedly tied up two victims inside and were trying to steal a safe when the homeowners arrived.
A suspect shot at the homeowner, and the bullet grazed his head, officials said.

On Sunday night, officials said the suspects returned and exchanged gunfire with the homeowner.

Officials said a female suspect was shot and killed. (Dang!)

The suspects fled, and Fort Bend officials said another one of the suspects may have suffered a fatal gunshot wound because of the body found at 20700 Cranfield.

The body was identified as 23-year-old Omar Medrano, and officials believe he may have been involved in the Sunday night home invasion.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:27 AM
TECH Resident

LOVE IT !!!

People are sick and tired of being brutalized by these F**kin dirt bags.

I didn't read it all but, I'm sure it's the same old story...just a better twist to the end.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:33 AM
Teching In

K9Kev- i second that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

If you dont have a sawedoff, get one
Old 04-25-2006, 12:38 AM
TECH Resident

lol, I've got one of these arriving on thursday. I'm going to war

Old 04-25-2006, 12:46 AM
TECH Regular

Katrina all the way Yo!!!!
Old 04-25-2006, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

I love it all, but I really hope they start to get the message soon and cut the ****.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:04 AM
Mustang Moderator

Thats awesome. Can't wait to get my CCL!

Arron
Old 04-25-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stang Man
Thats awesome. Can't wait to get my CCL!

Arron
Ha my mom and aunt are waiting for me to turn 21 so we can all take the class together
Old 04-25-2006, 01:21 AM
TECH Resident

that is nothing short of awesome.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

This is why i carry at least two guns on me when i go to houston. Dirtbags are in no short supply over there.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

hell yeah... i cant wait either (in reference to Stang Mans post)
Old 04-25-2006, 06:25 AM
10 Second Club

gotta luv texas. the right still exists to own and bare arms. and the good ole fashion common sense. protecting yourself and your family, property, etc.

this would have been a diff story if it was in Kali. he would have been arrested for manslaughter for not trying to talk them into leaving once he disarmed one of them. or some other bs like disturbing the peace or discharging a firearm.

can u tell i dont miss kalifonia.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:45 AM
9 Second Club

I need guns, lots of them
Old 04-25-2006, 07:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep CHL is the way to go. In the works as we speak, Top Gun offers a class for 135. The class is 12hrs state madaited, and then the application process and should have it with in 60days. At this point depeneding on who you get pulled over by, it is legal to carry in a car, it all comes down to what is defined as "traveling".

I wont go anywere with out traveling from one location to another, not with out something with me in the car, considering the amount of car jacking going on in Houston.

J
Old 04-25-2006, 08:13 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

People like that you have to shoot them in the face
Old 04-25-2006, 08:19 AM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by usd2sing
gotta luv texas. the right still exists to own and bare arms.
isn't it legal to pretty much carry a shotgun on you in texas? w/o the CCL.

can u tell i dont miss kalifonia.
i miss ascpects of cali, the people in L.A. and SF just need to eat dirt.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:05 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Spazdout
the people in L.A. and SF just need to eat dirt.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JETG
Yep CHL is the way to go. In the works as we speak, Top Gun offers a class for 135. The class is 12hrs state madaited, and then the application process and should have it with in 60days. At this point depeneding on who you get pulled over by, it is legal to carry in a car, it all comes down to what is defined as "traveling".

I wont go anywere with out traveling from one location to another, not with out something with me in the car, considering the amount of car jacking going on in Houston.

J
A friend of mine (his brother is HPD) said that it is illigal to carry a gun in the car only after you commit a crime.

i.e. you get pulled over for no llicence plates or no blinker or run a stop sign etc.

a catch 22. This sucks.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's legal to carry a shotgun or rifle in your vehicle as long as its not chambered.

Search this Thread