Sponsored by:

Ls6 intake distribution

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ls6 intake distribution

Hey guys.

I figured i would post this here this since i am running a methanol injection kit on my boosted car and thought a wet nitrous kit has similar characteristics.
I have done a few searches but haven't found any solid answers. Has anyone done any testing to see at what hp level do our intakes start having dist problems? Right now, i am running a dual nozzle set-up...225ml & 675ml (279ml/min & 774ml/min respectively), spraying straight methanol. I just dynoed 638rwhp with this set-up. I have thought about doing a direct port set-up with 8 smaller nozzles, however not only is this more complicated and expensive, but if one of the nozzles was clogged, i would never know it and of course lose my engine.

So...how much more methanol can i spray before i have to worry about one or more cyinders running leaner than others?

Thanks for any input,

-Jarrod
Old 04-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its more a problem of rpm than actual amount. More ppl will experience issues when they spray at too low of an rpm where the intake charge isnt moving as fast. I say this based off the amount of ppl that have successfully shot 200, 250 etc wet on nozzle setups. I would think a plate system would give better atomization. Other than that, not sure what the limits are.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Turbo Addict

Thanks for the reply.
I am using Snow nozzles and they spray in an almost perpendicular pattern relative to the nozzle and seem to atomize very well. How well do the wet kit nozzles atomize and any ideas on how much fuel flow is required for a 250 hit?
Old 04-25-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

250rwhp.. say 280fwhp.. id say 165-170lbs of fuel per hour.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Restricted User

The nozzles I have messed with, NX Shark, NOS ?, Dyno tune, all fogged very nicely, but looking at the video clips of Nitrous Daves Plate, the plate looks to atomize extremely well.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you happen to see the video that FJO made injecting methenal? They made a video showing inside an intake tube with 600 or so CFM flowing, then sprayed the methenal. I'm sure I saw it posted in the forced induction section.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:40 AM
Turbo Addict

Originally Posted by LETZ RUN
250rwhp.. say 280fwhp.. id say 165-170lbs of fuel per hour.
That's what i wanted to know....thanks. Right now i am spraying about 112lbs./hr of meth, so i can up my nozzles and add boost

The nozzles I have messed with, NX Shark, NOS ?, Dyno tune, all fogged very nicely, but looking at the video clips of Nitrous Daves Plate, the plate looks to atomize extremely well.
Yea, i have sprayed the nozzles i have out in the open air....they seemed to atomize extremely well....i should compare mine to the Nitrous plate....have a link of this spraying? I looked through the plate post but didn't see any links.

Did you happen to see the video that FJO made injecting methenal? They made a video showing inside an intake tube with 600 or so CFM flowing, then sprayed the methenal. I'm sure I saw it posted in the forced induction section.
Yes i did, good video, but didn't see how much they were spraying or what it looks like from the side and/or turning sharp corners like it needs to in our intakes.

Thanks again guys for the input.

-Jarrod
Old 04-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Restricted User

Beer I believe done the last test I seen and posted in here.

Try this: http://www.retrorelics.net/jim/Board.../BenchFlow.wmv
Old 04-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Turbo Addict

ahhh....cool. Thanks!