Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter Headers and ORY Question

Old 04-25-2006, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter Headers and ORY Question

I talked to the exhaust shop that is doing my exhaust work. He said that the ORY connected to the Pacesetter headers just fine, but that the ORY itself was hitting the driver's side floor, and that he couldn't bend it. I remeber reading about some brackets that helped with this issue. Is that all I need is some brackets to hold it away from the floor, or do I have a completely different problem? All help would be appreciated on this.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Black2kWS6
I talked to the exhaust shop that is doing my exhaust work. He said that the ORY connected to the Pacesetter headers just fine, but that the ORY itself was hitting the driver's side floor, and that he couldn't bend it. I remeber reading about some brackets that helped with this issue. Is that all I need is some brackets to hold it away from the floor, or do I have a completely different problem? All help would be appreciated on this.

Do a search on "mufflex bumpstop". You'll find what you're looking for!
Old 04-25-2006, 01:44 PM
12 Second Club

He could always take the y-pipe off and flatten the area a bit or just place something above the y-pipe while on the car that will cushion it.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Blu Formula
He could always take the y-pipe off and flatten the area a bit or just place something above the y-pipe while on the car that will cushion it.
The pacesetter Y is already flattened there, you can try the Mufflex Bumpstop hanger, but it alone did not work for me with my pacesetter headers and Y. I needed to install poly mounts and keep the hanger to really stop it.

Honestly I would try a piece of heater hose with a large hose clamp wrapped around the pipe. Its not the right way to do it, but there really is no good fix IMO for the pacesetter Y
Old 04-25-2006, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

new motor mounts!!!!!!

Search this Thread