Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which is louder: td's out the back or lm

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default which is louder: td's out the back or lm

would true duals out the back be louder than the loudmouth, not sure what mufflers for the duals, which ones are loudest, i assume some bullet

i want as loud as i can get but i dont want the td's dumped, i dont like how they sound outside the car, all muffled sounding, and i want something going through a muffler so no cutout, i want a good sound

i will be running lt's and an ory and the lm, or lt's x and td's out the back

im not too crazy about the loudmouth sound but if thats the loudest i will get it, i know i will learn to like it
Old 04-25-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Regular

from what i have been reading the LM is the loudest. but if you don't like it why would you buy it.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Resident

When I was running LT's, ory, and loudmouth there was nothing good sounding about it with the exception of idle and WOT. Most of the time the car is not at either of those unless it's a track only car.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

i just want to be as loud as i can, maybe i should just go w/ cutouts after the headers, i dont know i jsut want the loudest i can make it, my main reason for saying no to cutouts is the same as saying no to td's, i dont like the sound coming out under the car, sounds too muffled when outside the car
Old 04-25-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

ttt..
Old 04-25-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have that setup, pacesetters LT ory and LM. its sick at idle and WOT. i can deal with drivin it, its not too bad, little raspy but sounds like a dragger, ill probably switch it out when i do my head/cam swap
Old 04-25-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

i jus twant to be loud when driving around town, not so much wot, but idle and around town loudness is what i want
Old 04-25-2006, 09:12 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Go with TD's dumped. You will love it I promise, especially with some bullet mufflers.

plus with the loudmouth all your going to get is rasp...
Old 04-25-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

but that rasp u can handle, well i can. that setup will probably be louder but i do like the td's and the bullet muffler
Old 04-25-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

how much does it take away from the loudness when bringing duals out the back
Old 04-26-2006, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

Wouldnt TD's be the loudest for the same reason why LT headers are louder then shorty headers with more exhaust flow? LT's give you more flow so wouldnt it yeild more noise considering you dont put any mufflers on it
Old 04-26-2006, 01:25 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jwhert
how much does it take away from the loudness when bringing duals out the back
It actually seems to amplify it. The dumped TD's is loud all around the car, instead of only from behind it. You WILL NOT be disappointed with TSP duals dumped with bullets. Your car will rock all others off the road unless they are running straight headers.

My TSP/bullets system is now run out the back, with magnaflow cats, and is probably still louder than a LM. Check out the pictures/videos links in my sig.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:32 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My true duals are loud period. However you route the pipes and point them is where the majority of the sound will be projected. I have mine currently dumped, but have flanged the mufflers to allow me to disconnect the dumps and run the pipes out the back with no problems. It is very loud out the back.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

I just picked my car up yesterday. I got LT's, ORY and SLP LM II on that beast. I wanted loud, and holy **** did I ever get it. Ear to ear grin all the way home. I got the tune scheduled now and I'll be set. If you want around town loudness then this setup will not disappoint you. Plus, it sounds so incredibly sweet at WOT. I probably look retarded just driving around smiling like an idiot the whole time, but I do not care. I love this setup.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Black2kWS6
I just picked my car up yesterday. I got LT's, ORY and SLP LM II on that beast. I wanted loud, and holy **** did I ever get it. Ear to ear grin all the way home. I got the tune scheduled now and I'll be set. If you want around town loudness then this setup will not disappoint you. Plus, it sounds so incredibly sweet at WOT. I probably look retarded just driving around smiling like an idiot the whole time, but I do not care. I love this setup.
I've had LT's, ORY and LM on mine for almost 2 weeks now and love it too. The tune helped out a lot on the part throttle sound. Everyone that has heard my car since the LT's and ORY has liked it.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have LTs ORY and LM and it sounds freakin bad ***. I only get compliments on it and its very very loud, sounds like a full out race car at WOT. I daily drive my car too.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

i will rarely be full throttle in town, are duals loud and sounding goood at all times, or do they have there good ranges just like the loudmouth

i know i like the lm at wot, i raced one and we were neck and neck w/ him slowly walking towards the end, he had headers, ory, lm, that thing hurt my ears
Old 04-26-2006, 01:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lithium
Go with TD's dumped. You will love it I promise, especially with some bullet mufflers.

plus with the loudmouth all your going to get is rasp...
I agree.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

TD`s is way beter than any ls1 exhaust , good sound in all ranges and all time but ppl would probably consider it veryloud especially when u got bullets and the interior shakes like hell but i still love it.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jwhert
i will rarely be full throttle in town, are duals loud and sounding goood at all times, or do they have there good ranges just like the loudmouth?
Duals sound good at every rpm, every throttle position.....period. No more between 2k-3k rpm.