Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default clutch problem

ok I have a 99 z28 the clutch pedle sticks to the floor in hard exceleration. I just brought a spec 3+ clutch will that solve the problem or do I need to drill the line? if so how do I do that? thanks later
Old 04-26-2006, 04:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having a similar problem with my 01 SS. Every time I fully engage the clutch it sticks to the floor. Most of the time I am able to pop it out by sticking my foot under the clutch. I recently had the manual transmission fluid changed and they told me it was the pressure plate was sticking. They also said it could be the master cylinder, but said they thought it was the pressure plate. There is another post in this section asking what clutch you are using. You might want to check that out as well.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:42 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You definitly want to do the drill mod. Search "drill mod" and you should find plenty of help. Installuniversity.com has a guide too I believe.

Do your spec 3 install right, do the drill mod.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that drill mod isnt gonna help your problem bleed your hydrolic line with a mighty vac or manualy if that dosnt work its your slave cylinder i had the same problem and got the same clutch you might wanna replace your master and slave cylinder when you do your install i found good prices at gm whole sale hope it helps cause its irratating i know

Quick Reply: clutch problem