Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS Wet Plate System Installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NOS Wet Plate System Installed

I ran the NOS Wet Plate system for the first time today. Worked excellant as far as I can tell from seat of the pants

The install was straight forward and I also installed a FPSS and a Purge Solenoid to the system. The throttle switch bracket required just a slight tweaking. I removed just a bit of material with a grinder for clearance. Other than that it was just a bolt on installation.

I also included a controller and set it up for 40% Start to 100% in 1 second for each gear. Seemed just a tad rich at the start of each gear. I will get the Wideband Commander installed before the next run to verify this before any jet change. I did not pull any timing as I was only running the 100hp(smallest) jets that came with the kit.

All in all I am very pleased with the kit and the ease of install. Now I need to verify the Air-Fuel and head for the local track for some fun and testing.

Bigger jets, hmmm
Old 04-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Restricted User

No pics, WTF? Come one man, you cant tease like this
Old 04-26-2006, 05:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

I will post some tonight. The controller is a proto-type and I am not a sponsor so that will not be shown.

I do not have experiance with 2-steps and cats. I have read that you should not use a 2-step with cats installed. Do they fill with fuel and get to hot from burning off the excess? If the 2-step always alternated the firing of the cylinders would this help to burn off excess fuel?

I just need to test with a wideband. I realize my car is not really in need of this feature. I may just buy some slicks and a new clutch though and get a tad more serious. I have spent many years working with motorcycles and R&D. I must admit that having 4 wheels is quite fun also.

Also if a person were to take the analog output from a wideband controller and use it to shut off the nitrous in case of going lean where would be the best place to put the sensor?
Old 04-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Restricted User

2Steps and cats = not happyt together, yes fuel in the catalyst causes bad things.

I prefer to mount the wideband as far upstream in the collector as possible, just keeping it in the flow of all four cylinders on that bank. I had my last one setup in front of the stock NB's, but currently on the Kooks I have it about 2" post NB.