View Full Version : Adapter

code4
04-25-2006, 11:16 PM
I went with a larger nitrous noid ( Nitro Daves Plate kit) & my old filter/purge setup will not fit into the noid, it's too small. I believe the filter is a male 1/8 NPT, is there an adapter to go to the larger noid? It's kind of urgent as I have my first car event this friday. Hopefully it's something I can get at NAPA.

Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
04-25-2006, 11:28 PM
The inlet fitting on the nitrous solenoid is a 1/4 npt. WE have fileter fittings in stock that will work. You may try local speed shops..
Dave

code4
04-25-2006, 11:50 PM
The inlet fitting on the nitrous solenoid is a 1/4 npt. WE have fileter fittings in stock that will work. You may try local speed shops..
Dave

Here is my filter/purge setup. Do you have a fitting like the one detached on the right that is 1/4 npt? If so I will order & maybe have it fed ex'd. Maybe there is a better way to configure the purge/filter. Your guys sent me a 1/4 npt to -4 an but I want to have the purge/filter.

Thanks,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/gshepherdgirl/000_1641.jpg

04-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Ok.. Do you have the NX solenoids with the purge port desighn?
Dave

code4
04-25-2006, 11:56 PM
Ok.. Do you have the NX solenoids with the purge port desighn?
Dave

OK I hope I don't sound too stupid but is that the hole in the bottom? I wasn't sure if that is what it was. But yes it has a hole in the bottom.

04-26-2006, 12:04 AM
OK,
THe hole in the bottom is the feed out to the plate.. The hole in the side the oposite side of the inlet port is your purge port. If you screw the fitting out of the manafold that goes to the solenoid it will now screw directly into the purge port on the solenoid.

You will illiminate the manafold..(no longer used)

THis will clean it up..

The bad news is that that filter will no longer work. The side that screws into the solenoids needs to be a 1/4 npt.
However you can get rid of that filter and use one of these.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/models.asp?group=23&model=78&dept=11

THese filters are best placed at the back of the car..

I hope this helped.
Dave

code4
04-26-2006, 12:07 AM
OK,
THe hole in the bottom is the feed out to the plate.. The hole in the side the oposite side of the inlet port is your purge port. If you screw the fitting out of the manafold that goes to the solenoid it will now screw directly into the purge port on the solenoid.

You will illiminate the manafold..(no longer used)

THis will clean it up..

The bad news is that that filter will no longer work. The side that screws into the solenoids needs to be a 1/4 npt.
However you can get rid of that filter and use one of these.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/models.asp?group=23&model=78&dept=11

THese filters are best placed at the back of the car..

I hope this helped.
Dave

OMG I had it hooked up wrong, I saw the it was a P on what I thought was the outlet but I didn't think about it much, obviously. I'll go back & get it right. Thank You Very Much.

04-26-2006, 12:09 AM
lol,
I get that call from time to time where someone over looked that.
Dave

CAT3
04-26-2006, 03:27 AM
That would have been rather funny at your cost, go to purge and blow 150shot worth of nitrous, and then go to run on smaller flow. OMG..good catch guys.