Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which one is the safety blow off adapter thing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one is the safety blow off adapter thing?

I want the thing that's circled in green for my NX bottle, so I'm pretty sure its #11709. When I clicked on the link for that part number it shows a rupture disc in the picture... does it in fact come with the disc? It's not in the description and I hate to buy extra parts before they're needed.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-26-2006, 09:38 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Somebody09

I want the thing that's circled in green for my NX bottle, so I'm pretty sure its #11709. When I clicked on the link for that part number it shows a rupture disc in the picture... does it in fact come with the disc? It's not in the description and I hate to buy extra parts before they're needed.

Thanks in advance!
When I ordered my fitting from HSW it did not come with a new burst disk. You have to purchase it separately. I just reused the one that is already on the bottle.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:00 AM
FormerVendor

It should have come in a seperate little bag if it wasn't attached to the fitting. PM me your info and I'll have one sent out to you.

Matt

Originally Posted by code4
When I ordered my fitting from HSW it did not come with a new burst disk. You have to purchase it separately. I just reused the one that is already on the bottle.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is suggested not to reuse the old disk.
Dave
Old 04-26-2006, 04:13 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
It should have come in a seperate little bag if it wasn't attached to the fitting. PM me your info and I'll have one sent out to you.

Matt
Thanks, I just thought it had to be purchased separate. I ordered the fitting & blow down tube from you.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:16 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
It is suggested not to reuse the old disk.
Dave
Didnt' know this, I was very careful not to bend it etc. I have professional pro mod racer Pat Stoken fill my bottles. It would have been horrible if it had let go when he was filling it.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:08 PM
FormerVendor

Got your PM, it'll be on it's way tomorrow.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks, I just thought it had to be purchased separate. I ordered the fitting & blow down tube from you.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Thats cutomer service
Old 04-26-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

I learned something from Vinny @ 860 Performance when he filled my bottle (my first fill ), he asked how I put the rupture disc in and I had the right answer, I torqued it to the value that the instructions had (which was not very tight), Vinny told me it was common for people to just throw them on and to overtighten them, overtightening them makes them weaker and prone to be more easily blown out (before their rated pressure.).

Beer
Old 04-26-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
I learned something from Vinny @ 860 Performance when he filled my bottle (my first fill ), he asked how I put the rupture disc in and I had the right answer, I torqued it to the value that the instructions had (which was not very tight), Vinny told me it was common for people to just throw them on and to overtighten them, overtightening them makes them weaker and prone to be more easily blown out (before their rated pressure.).

Beer
O-k... that's new! How do I find out this these torque specs? I had some old geezer running this old, run down shop in the back wood put mine on me before my 3rd refill on my 5 punder... so with this new information I'm not exactly trusting the work he did anymore. Are they different for every bottle? Is it disc specific?

Thanks.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

I looked at my kit instructions and could not find it, I think it was on a seperate sheet that came with the bottle. I want to say it was like 15 nm but I am not sure (thats only like 3.3 ft/lbs). I remember that I was suprised at how little it was though. I am sure a call or PM to your favorite vendor would get the answer.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:04 AM
TECH Addict

DynoTune bottle instructions:

BLOW-DOWN FITTING & BURST DISK INSTALLATION
The Purpose of this Safety device is to relieve the bottle pressure in excess of
3000PSI and vent it to the outside of a vehicle. Once the Disk ruptures the disk and fitting must be replaced. Always use care in using or installing devices used in high-pressure application. Caution Nitrous Oxide or CO2 can burn your skin! Always consult a professional before proceeding.

INSTALLATION:
1 ) Wash your hands thoroughly to remove all oils and grease before
starting.
2) Be certain your nitrous bottle is completely empty of all contents
before proceeding.
3) Remove the existing pressure relief fitting from your bottle. This is the
nut on the opposite side of the valve outlet.
4) Once the pressure relief fitting has been removed be sure the replaceable rupture disc (circular shiny disk) is also removed at this time. Caution: Never reuse a rupture disk! This Rupture disk must be replaced it every time the fitting is removed!
5) Check the new rupture disk and make sure its not damaged. Caution: Use no oil or lubrication on the fitting or disk during assembly and make sure you use only one disk. Install the fitting dry! Make sure and put the disk on the machine part of the fitting as shown. Thread it into the valve and hand-tighten making sure the disk does-not come off the fitting during assembly.
6) Torque the fitting to 15 foot-pounds. Failure to torque the fitting to exactly 15 foot-pounds could result in a catastrophic bottle failure and or severe personal injury! Do not over torque as this can lead to a failure as well! WARNING, do not use the bottle without a blow-down tube attached.

Here I used convert it for the Torque values
15 ft pounds=180 in pounds=20.33 NM

Last edited by Beer99C5; 05-01-2006 at 06:26 AM.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:16 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Which one is the safety blow off adapter thing?