Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's to stop the Maximizer II from "failing"?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's to stop the Maximizer II from "failing"?

Before I finalize my rewiring, I want to make certain of something...

I have a dedicated fuel system (DFS), FPSS, the Maximizer II, and an arm switch (and other irrelevant stuff). The FPSS is wired into one of the triggers the Maximizer monitors, and it's programmed such that the system is deactivated if the fuel pressure is too low (naturally). Right now, in my schematic, when I flip the arm switch the pump for the DFS is turned on as well as the Maximizer II becoming armed.

The problem is this: If the Maximizer II checks the FPSS before the pump has a chance to raise the PSI, then the answer is "YES, it fails, the Maximizer II will shut everything down" (and start blinking that stupid red LED at me). This result is based on the assumption that the Maximizer II checks, say, the 3000 RPM condition, the 95% WOT condition, AND the FPSS trigger condition simultaneously. However, if the FPSS trigger isn't checked until the other two conditions are met, then the answer changes to "NO, the system will not shut down."

If the answer is "YES" then I've come up with some solutions that I don't like.
An extra switch for the DFS pump is just that, an extra switch.
Wiring the DFS pump to a +12V source, even with the return line, will probably break the pump sooner.

My final, more complicated solution is to time how long it takes the DFS to reach 40+psi and then buy or create a timer that's activated when the arm switch is flipped. After the time expires, the Maximizer II will get the "armed" signal.

So I guess what I need is a deeper understanding on how the Maximizer II is programmed.

Has anyone had any experience in this? FJO? NX?

Thanks.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my understanding is, when you initally arm the system, you should have the fuel pump cut on.
the WOT condtion AND window switch condition, AND input trigger (FPSS in this case) all have to be true before it triggers the noids... if any of them are false, then it wont spray.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

Hmm... that never crossed my mind. Good catch. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

The Triggers are looked at at the activation of the system not the arming of it. Arming just says I am ready to go, you hit the window the fpss is wrong and banm shuts it down.

Ricky