Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

MAC Air Tool Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAC Air Tool Warranty

I was wondering if anyone has dealt with MAC when trying to get some warranty work done to some air tools. My father-in-law just gave me a 1/2" AW4400 impact wrench and it needs a new anvil(part that holds the socket???).

Would this be covered by their warranty? Their site seems vauge on this subject, and I'm inclined to think they'll just denie any request.

Also, this thing is DIRTY AS HELL, what all can I do to clean it up and ensure that it is properly maintained? I got some oil with it, but to be honest I have no clue where to put it (since I have not manual on this thing). Any tips on cleaning, repairing, or maintaining airtools in general would be really helpful.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you just add oil each use/day through the air inlet. As for cleaning it, a degreaser spray should work. As for the warrenty, I think its a year. But depending on your situation it may be different. My Mac impact locked up on me at the beginning of the year, and it was outside of warrenty, but my Mac salesman (off the truck) took care of it since I spent like $2000 on his stuff last year
Old 04-27-2006, 11:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some mac air tools have a 2 year warranty. if its within a year or 2 years depending on the time the warranty lasts then the mac man should fix you up. mac does very good on warranty issues. hell they warranty drill bits and taps when snap-on doesn't.

Quick Reply: MAC Air Tool Warranty