Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How are the side grills held on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How are the side grills held on?

On a TA *99* how are the two brake air duct grills held in place? are there clips holding them in or some kind of 3m double sided tape or something?

Wanting to get them painted silver metallica, and want to make sure I can get the right stuff to put them back on Thanks.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it jus snaps back into place, don't be afraid of breakin them , i used one of them key things (forgot the name of them), the ones you use to tighten things that are straight and bent at a 90 degree angle? anyway i used that to pull them out.. . . . jus a recommendation, . . paint them silver metallic and then put a thin layer of gloss black, . . when i painted them silver metallic i thought they were to bright and tacky lookin, . . addin a coat of black darkened them and gave it a more subtle look, . . still stands out though
Old 04-26-2006, 11:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

they just snap back in, but make sure it is the correct grill, top or bottom.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, ill give it a whirl tomorrow. I so just didnt want to try and get em off and bend them or crack em. Or get em off and then not have the means to glue em back

.. the transam letters on the passenger side.. when installing the hood and painting it etc.. the wre blending the paint, and took off the letters and lost an A thought the grills may have been held on liek they were

thanks for the info guys, appreciate it