Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

4 inch Aluminum pipe (Intercooler ducting)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 11:54 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4 inch Aluminum pipe (Intercooler ducting)

Who has the best deal on 4 inch aluminum pipe and mandrels? I need alot and was wondering who you guys have found with the best deals?

Thanks!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 12:10 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking for link...
Old 04-27-2006, 12:11 PM
7 Second Club

They tig up really nice. Polished and need very little work to make them look good.
http://stores.channeladvisor.com/ver...ends/Aluminum/
Old 04-27-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the link, I am going to need some of this in the very near future as well!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:23 AM
8 Second Club

Phil, thanks for the link.. they seem really well priced.. i was wondering if you have some pictures you could share on your setup with the tube you got from them? just have some concerns about welding alot with the polishing compounds screwing up the welds even after prep
Old 04-28-2006, 09:01 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We can get some pretty decent deals on 4" piping and bends. Iv'e tried to stay away from the 180's and work mostly with 90's and 45's. The bends we've been using in the shop are pretty nice and very resonablly (Sp?) priced. I can do 4" 90's for $38 and 45's for $38 also. Straight sections would be $14 a foot. With some of the projects we've done in the past few years, we've had the luxury of working with some of the polished bends that are a little cheaper, and we've found that we can produce a nicer bead without the pipe already being polished. Im sure there are plenty of ways to go about it, but this is just what works for us. The 3" bends that I have in stock have 6-7" of staight on each side of the bend. the 4" stuff im pretty sure has roughly 7-8" of staight on it. Works out nice when you don't need a big run before another bend is needed, alows you to make it all out of one peice that way. Less welds I guess.

If your interested in some aluminum, shoot me a PM with how much your looking for and im sure we can get you taken care off, or feel free to give us a call at the shop.

Thanks

Stenod
Old 04-28-2006, 09:08 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Outlaw
Phil, thanks for the link.. they seem really well priced.. i was wondering if you have some pictures you could share on your setup with the tube you got from them? just have some concerns about welding alot with the polishing compounds screwing up the welds even after prep
No prep work, simply butt the pipes together and weld yeilds nice beads.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:00 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stenod@StenodPerformance
We can get some pretty decent deals on 4" piping and bends. Iv'e tried to stay away from the 180's and work mostly with 90's and 45's. The bends we've been using in the shop are pretty nice and very resonablly (Sp?) priced. I can do 4" 90's for $38 and 45's for $38 also. Straight sections would be $14 a foot. With some of the projects we've done in the past few years, we've had the luxury of working with some of the polished bends that are a little cheaper, and we've found that we can produce a nicer bead without the pipe already being polished. Im sure there are plenty of ways to go about it, but this is just what works for us. The 3" bends that I have in stock have 6-7" of staight on each side of the bend. the 4" stuff im pretty sure has roughly 7-8" of staight on it. Works out nice when you don't need a big run before another bend is needed, alows you to make it all out of one peice that way. Less welds I guess.

If your interested in some aluminum, shoot me a PM with how much your looking for and im sure we can get you taken care off, or feel free to give us a call at the shop.

Thanks

Stenod

PM sent..

and thanks Phil!!!

Quick Reply: 4 inch Aluminum pipe (Intercooler ducting)