Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP please! critical engine repairs needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP please! critical engine repairs needed

I can hear a knocking noise coming from my engine. Sounds to me like it is in the area of the psitons and the lifters. It runs pretty descently but more rpms more knocking. I dont think I can fix the problem myself. WHAT SHOULD I DO!? I just bought this friggin car, I love it but I dont want my baby to die. Engine rebuild? Money is key, because i don't got much. If anyone is in the my area I can show ya whats up. I live in Shreveport, Louisiana.

I have another thread on the matter: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/495232-ticking-knocking-noise-checked-pushrods.html
Old 04-27-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you start calling your car "BABY" it's time for a visit to Dr. Phil to learn that the only thing that deserves that moniker has to have as Andew Dice Clay puts it "Two ****, a hole and a heartbeat". All the sweet talk in the world won't fix your car. Time to start turning wrenches because if the sound you describe is anything other than normal LS1 piston slap or valvetrain noise it ain't goin to fix itself.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, you're in luck. Being you have an LT1 not a LS1 it will be reasonably cheap to fix the problem. That and plus just about any machine shop that is worth listing in the phone book can easily get your motor back to A1 condition. A LT1 is basically a revised SBC. I bet it is eithor a rod bearing or a wrist pin. Maybe a lifter but I doubt it. Gotta tear it down and check it out.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kossuth
Well, you're in luck. Being you have an LT1 not a LS1 it will be reasonably cheap to fix the problem. That and plus just about any machine shop that is worth listing in the phone book can easily get your motor back to A1 condition. A LT1 is basically a revised SBC. I bet it is eithor a rod bearing or a wrist pin. Maybe a lifter but I doubt it. Gotta tear it down and check it out.
Thanx Buddy I will take your advice. I hope your right, cuz I also have an 05 Honda 450R I am paying for ($6800) and A chevy Custom Deluxe sitting on 37s, so money is tight!