Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove wipers and wiper motor?

Old 04-27-2006, 05:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to remove wipers and wiper motor?

I can't drive the car in the rain now anyways cuz the windows fog up like a ************, so I figure I may as well remove the wipers and wiper motor, but not sure how to get them out, any help would be appreciated, gotta start gettin the raceweight down, thanks!
Old 04-27-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Loosen the nuts and the arms a untill the nut is just above the top of the stud but not all the way off. If to are luck then they will pop loos if to pull up and wiggle around a little. More than likely they are frozen. If that is the case take a ball peen to the top of the nut and lightly tap while pulling up on the arm. Make sure the nut is above the threads or you will damage the stud.

Now take the cowl cover off. the are severl clips all the way across. This will expose the 10mm bolts that hold the transmission in place. The internal arms will pop off the motor if you lightly pry with a fork tool or screwdriver.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:04 AM
10 Second Club

just fyi, its a bit of a PITA to take them out and probably a much bigger pita if you ever wanted to put them back in. the damn drag week now requires them, so I have to rig something up for that
Old 04-28-2006, 11:18 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Advanced Auto sells a tool for about 4.00 to pull the arms. Works well.

Search this Thread