Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

paint guys....how should I fix the hood defects in the Hawk's hood?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default paint guys....how should I fix the hood defects in the Hawk's hood?

Paint guys,
Help me out here. I have, what appears to be small cracks, and raised ridges in the hood of my 2002 Firehawk...little star-like raised patterns. There is about 3 of them now in a 1 foot area. They are showing up like if my car had a bad rash or something....the paint chips off them, and it looks like crap. I also have a couple bubbles in the paint starting.
1.) what are they
2. How should I go about fixing this?
Any advise would be appreciated! THanks
Old 04-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Banned

It's obviously going to be a body shop issue. I would start now to find the best shop in your area. That's something only you can do.

I can imagine the same thing on my Firehawk and I'd already be in the yellow pages.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

I would figure stress fractures to the paint & possible hood. The hood is made out of composite fiberglass very soft. This probably happened by slamming the hood or allowing hood to drop closed. With these hood you have to be very gentle closing them just enough pressure to secure hood to latch. You car is a 2002, so it should be still under warrantry. I would find a very good GM dealership body shop painter I could trust & have the hood completely re-painted. I know people with Firehawks who had to do just that. Good Luck.
David
Old 04-27-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The paint is chipping off? Is it new paint (or repainted ever?) Either way your fucked.