Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Wet Sanding Tips

Old 04-28-2006, 01:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wet Sanding Tips

I have had some problems with my pain for some time now, and I'm fed up. I have spider scratches and water spots that will not come out. I have tried a clay bar, dish soap, vinigar, polish, wax, buffing... you name it I've done it. I think my only option left is to wet sand it to get it all out. Does anyone know will this work?
If so how do I do it? Also can someone give me FULL directions on clearing out the "trans am" on the filler panel. I can never find all the info I need for it. Thanks a lot guys.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

The water spots are from acid rain if they wont come out. Someone else had this problem and couldnt get them out and had the car professionally buffed and they all came out.
Wet sanding isnt something I would try if you dont know how to do it. Too much pressure, not enough water, not sanding in the right direction, or not the right sand paper and you will take off the clear out and get into the paint.
If you want to have the car wet sanded I would have someone do it that knows how to, or pay a body shop to do this.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:54 AM
On The Tree

You do not need to wet sand water spots, scratches, or swirls. Wet sanding you need to know how; because it's very easly to bust the clear coat. Here is what I do frequently porter cable 7474, lake county buffing pads, 3m perfect-it II rubbing compound, 3m #390009 for dark colored cars perfect-it II glase, Zaino Z-pc fusion, Zaino clay bar. I use all Zaino products. You do not need to use dawn but the first time after that Zaino Z-7 car soap. Clay you car that should take about 6 hours or so use a lot of lubricant empty Z-6 spray bottle quarter cap Z-7, clay will scratch if dry wipe off as you go make sure the area is smooth. After completly claying your car wash car with Z-7. Then use rubbing compound with either a yellow or orange cutting pad after that wash car again. Then use the glaze with a white polishing pad or black finishing pad after that wash car again. Then use Z-pc fusion with a white polishing pad spay pad down frequently with water. Dust car down with a Ca duster then Z-6 entire car. Then you can Z-2 spray applicator down with Z-6 a quarter size sopt of Z-2 will do the entire front end i.e. hood, both fenders & cap. I spray Z-6 frequently on applicator. 1 oz of Z2 with ZFX you should be able to put 3 coats on 2 cars. This is very time consuming, yet proper preparation of paint is a must. I have buffed my 2001 for 12 hours today & now I am ready to Z-2. Swirls are going to happen if you drive you car all you can do is control them.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the car has factory paint do not wetsand it. The clear coat isnt thick enough, and even if you dont go through it, it lose its bond with the basecoat in a month or two.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wet Sanding Tips