Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Taco rear?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taco rear?

I was talking to a friend of mine, who is quite into off roading and knows alot of about cars.

He brought up the Tacoma rear end he said it comes with a ton of gears most all quite high but some would be sane for street. I am also told it's nearly as strong as the 9".

So me being always wondering has everyone ever tried to fit one on a F body?

To me it sounds like it would be a great idea as the large off roading populatry has caused it to get a good after market. So I could skip out buying a Moser or Strange rear have somthing just as good for what I need.

Should I think about this more or put down the crack pipe?
Old 04-28-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After the $$ and frustration you would spend trying to get it to fit right, you could have just installed a bolt-in 12 bolt and be done with it. We already have 3 awesome rear ends on the market (12 bolt, 9 inch, Dana 60) that are very affordable, why not go with something tried and true that already fits perfect.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you for your imput,
I agree tried and true is often a good idea but 1/10 times somthing off the beaten path is a good move.

No harm in asking but I did learn somthing so I now know what a better idea is!

9" savings will start then
Old 04-28-2006, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

Also, all else aside, I would have a MAJOR issue putting a TOYota part on my car!! (Despite however strong it might be.) And to think, some people on here have a hard time putting a 9" on their rides because it's a Ford designed axle.