Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

what to do before FI??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 04:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what to do before FI??

if i turbo or supercharge my car ..what else has to be done..such as forged internals and so forth..i have no idea...
i dont even know what to lean towords..turbo or supercharged..anyone have any opinions on the two..pros / cons
my car is my dd, and weekend drag..also what are prices for both systems are all pretty much aroun 5k
i'm totally lost in fi..sorry kinda vague..i'm just trying to learn more
thanks
Old 04-28-2006, 05:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Search is your FRIEND. With that being said, I will give you a run down on my thoughts.

If the car is your daily driver, shoot for a 500-600rwhp combo. There are plenty of bolt on single turbo systems that will get you the number at the wheels for $5000 or less. I myself prefer to build all my own stuff. I am doing a 6.0L manifold setup with a T70 turbo, and big FMIC. I am sticking with the stock cube motor. I have added Mahle -16cc dished pistons and forgered 6.125 H beam rods. I am using stock 6.0L heads, LS6 Intake, TB, and an 02 LS6 Cam. You will need a good tune or the software to tune your car with. HPTuners, EFI Live, ECT... I am going with the Big Stuff 3. Overkill for my setup, but I am gonna go bigger later. Then you have to address your fuel system and drive train. My fuel aeromotive setup with twin A-1000's, a built 4L80E trans, and a 9 inch rear.

This car all in all is gonna cost me the better part of $25,000+ to build. It will see alot of street time and track time.

Do some searches on what your interested in doing. You will find alot of good info.

Hope this helps a little.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

plus look down about 10 threads another guy just asked this question