General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

AC/Heater Question..

Old 04-29-2006, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC/Heater Question..

The circuits for the AC/Heater operation travel to the dash's AC unit where they are controlled by selector switches. It my intention to replace the selector switches with illuminated pushbuttons. Truly it will take eight or more pushbuttons to replace three factory selector dials, but, call me crazy, I think switches are neato.

Anyway I have some experiece in PCB fabrication and circuit building, and the new AC bezel should be easy enough. Anyone have a diagram of the circuit or a map which might help me in color coding the wires?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Mike
Old 04-29-2006, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LastKnight
The circuits for the AC/Heater operation travel to the dash's AC unit where they are controlled by selector switches. It my intention to replace the selector switches with illuminated pushbuttons. Truly it will take eight or more pushbuttons to replace three factory selector dials, but, call me crazy, I think switches are neato.

Anyway I have some experiece in PCB fabrication and circuit building, and the new AC bezel should be easy enough. Anyone have a diagram of the circuit or a map which might help me in color coding the wires?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Mike
If you got a fourth gen it will not work because the A.C. switch on the passenger side is not an electrical switch, but simply a vacuum switch.
and the middle temperature selector isnt an electrical selector either its a cable type selector

Search this Thread