Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS ?'s

I have a 2000 SS M6 w/ 8k on it. I thought about going with an STS rear mount kit. What else would I need to run this safely or does the base kit include enough to run it for a while until I can afford the rest of the stuff? Any and all input is appreciated.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

you will want injectors and an inline pump, 42 lb injectors and a walbro inline pump will do. Youll also want a professional dyno tune and some guages to keep everything in check, fuel pressure, and a wideband O2 which would help monitor the best. Hope this helps! Also if you have extra cash or later on you might want to check into valvesprings and pushrods to help with valvefloat.

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 04-29-2006, 12:27 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Superman09
you will want injectors and an inline pump, 42 lb injectors and a walbro inline pump will do. Youll also want a professional dyno tune and some guages to keep everything in check, fuel pressure, and a wideband O2 which would help monitor the best. Hope this helps! Also if you have extra cash or later on you might want to check into valvesprings and pushrods to help with valvefloat.
I agree. Injectors, a fuel pump and a tune are very important. Too many STS buyers think they can get away without a tune, at least for a while. I've heard too many of them say they thought they could get away without having a tune for several weeks. This is after they had destroyed the engine in their cars. Don't go wide open throttle even one time without a tune! That is very critical! Bob