Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally done..

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally done..

After 5 months on jack stands i finally got it down and cranked it up last night.. Here is a list of mods i did.. cant wait to hit the track Wen, i started one thing and it went to another.. but i tryed to take advantage of down time and get it done at the same time.. Only thing on this car that hasnt been molested is the K member, A arms and brakes.. Next Winter Mod

Fast 90
Nick Williams 90
Direct Port
Tr 244
Adjustable Chromoly BMR rear suspension
12 bolt strange with 4.10's
Qa1's all the way around with v6 springs up front
Dennys drive shaft
Weight Reduction and cleaning up front..

Let me know what you guys think..

Still need to finish independent fuel system...and it will be ready to spray away..
Old 04-30-2006, 09:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks very nice. Clean. Looks like a lot of time was spent on cleaning up the engine bay of the wires, etc.

How big of a shot are you looking at? Tire size? Did you narrow the rear when you bought it?

Good luck. Still waiting to fire mine for the 1st time.

David
Old 04-30-2006, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks David.. you were a ton of help with the TH350 and i took your advice on the Qa1's and Spring choice.. The rear was narrowed a inch on both sides.. I stuck with the 12 bolt for weight..just like the TH350, just had them built right.. When i had the motor prepped for the cam, i pulled the HVAC and what was left up front and everyting else that wasnt needed.. then did the wire hide under the fenders on the rest.. I am going to start it out at 200 shot and work to a 300 shot depending on how the tuning goes.. The rear tires and 28's and very snug.. I may go to 27's

The car ran a 7.28 on 100 shot with a TR 236, ls6 intake and stock 10 bolt with 3.23's..
Its about 300 lbs lighter and has alot more gear.. Going be spraying 200 shot.. I should get in a 6's respectivley.. We will see..
Old 04-30-2006, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Looking good man. Mine is getting really close to being finished and I can't wait to fire her up. Been down since January with a spun rod bearing. Went through the whole motor and put forged rods and pistons in with a race prepped stock crank and Custom Futral 236/243 .598/.617 112
Old 04-30-2006, 09:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ApacheDrill
Thanks David.. you were a ton of help with the TH350 and i took your advice on the Qa1's and Spring choice.. The rear was narrowed a inch on both sides.. I stuck with the 12 bolt for weight..just like the TH350, just had them built right.. When i had the motor prepped for the cam, i pulled the HVAC and what was left up front and everyting else that wasnt needed.. then did the wire hide under the fenders on the rest.. I am going to start it out at 200 shot and work to a 300 shot depending on how the tuning goes.. The rear tires and 28's and very snug.. I may go to 27's

The car ran a 7.28 on 100 shot with a TR 236, ls6 intake and stock 10 bolt with 3.23's..
Its about 300 lbs lighter and has alot more gear.. Going be spraying 200 shot.. I should get in a 6's respectivley.. We will see..

Glad to see I could help a little. You are right. The tune will be the key. What a you tuning with - LS1 Edit, HP? Progressive controller? Always wanted to try the progressive controller, come out at 150 shot, progress up to a 250 shot. BUT went another direction. Let us know how it goes.

David
Old 04-30-2006, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I cant run a contoller, i run true street.. Class rules ..

HP tuners all the way.. Whats going to throw me off is the indepent fuel system going to the fuel Noids.. jetting will be different then if the fuel was coming from the main feed line.. It should hit pretty hard though once we get the bugs worked out..

I did think about running a swith off my rathchet shifter kicking the Nitrous in on the 1/2 shift, with 1st gear being so low i dont need it out of the hole.. Kinda like the neutral safety switch setup.. then ill have nitrous for 2/3 gear..without the use of a controler, that would be legal

Quick Reply: Finally done..