Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Painted my chrome halos black

Old 04-30-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Painted my chrome halos black

No pics just yet because my camera likes ****.

just follow Whistlers steps for painting lights (in the appearance hall of fame sticky at the top) and the front halo part just comes off, carefullly unsnap the led ring and pull the wire through.

Then sand it with some 320 grit, and spray it with some plastic paint (im partial to krylon Fusion plastic paint, it works great)

I dont really need to post pics, they look exactly like any other black halo's you wouldnt be able to tell the difference

Just wanted to let you guys know it was pretty easy
Old 04-30-2006, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...your camera likes ****??

I just bought some of that krylon fusion today. I could not find any other plastic specific paint/primer at the store. Glad to hear it worked well for you, I feel better about using it now.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blacksnake
...your camera likes ****??

I just bought some of that krylon fusion today. I could not find any other plastic specific paint/primer at the store. Glad to hear it worked well for you, I feel better about using it now.
yeah iv used it on a ton of ****, when i whistlered my old stock headlights, painting my polished bilet grill black, um painting my lid back to black (i painted it white to match my car but the heat turned the paint yellow eww) it bonds great if you know how to paint.

just remember lay just as much as you need to cover it, there is no merit in using gobs of paint, it will turn out shitty. and dont try to black it out on the first coat. use 2 coats then a few touchup sprays

Search this Thread