Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Gomer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gomer?

Anybody heard from Gomer lately? Buddy of mine tried to call him with no luck and I haven't had any luck with pms. Anyone know anything?
Old 04-30-2006, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback/489413-paging-gomer.html
Old 04-30-2006, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Sure would be nice if you could get that T/A finished Chris.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:48 AM
10 Second Club

I thought that car was finished? ^ Or is he doing more work on it?
Old 05-01-2006, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Thanks, I'll try him over at alabamaracingscene. My car is together but the power is pretty low on it. Scott sent me a pm stating that he wanted to look over my car and see what is going on with it. I pmed him back but no response. Thanks for the replies guys.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01tam6
Thanks, I'll try him over at alabamaracingscene. My car is together but the power is pretty low on it. Scott sent me a pm stating that he wanted to look over my car and see what is going on with it. I pmed him back but no response. Thanks for the replies guys.
I see....
Old 05-02-2006, 09:45 PM
10 Second Club

Power is definately down for those mods.. hmmm
Old 05-03-2006, 01:19 AM
On The Tree

I think its the driver, or lack there of
Old 05-03-2006, 08:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
Power is definately down for those mods.. hmmm
Im begining to wonder if that dyno is correct, Whats the guys name with the red ss H/C/Fast etc, it did what 412? Good power but seems a little low for a 6spd car. We took Kents formula back down there after swaping the rockers/spool/trans Before Blake had problems with the dyno it did like 377, couple weeks ago the car did 351. It doesnt make any sense. 01tam6's car was dyno'd on the same dyno also I believe. Just a thought.

Matt- any more progress on your car?
Old 05-03-2006, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00BLKSS#77
I think its the driver, or lack there of
Steve, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong but on a nice cool night on the way back from Dothan a certain cammed black ss could not pull on a bolt-on white TA and if I recall the black car let out first!
Old 05-03-2006, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Im begining to wonder if that dyno is correct, Whats the guys name with the red ss H/C/Fast etc, it did what 412? Good power but seems a little low for a 6spd car. We took Kents formula back down there after swaping the rockers/spool/trans Before Blake had problems with the dyno it did like 377, couple weeks ago the car did 351. It doesnt make any sense. 01tam6's car was dyno'd on the same dyno also I believe. Just a thought.

Matt- any more progress on your car?
I am afraid the dyno didn't lie. 00byrd put down some good numbers that same day as did Bo white. Also you can tell driving the car that the low end is very weak. I used to take off in second in normal driving conditions some times now taking off in first feels like I have 2.73's. At one point in the dyno graph I actuall lost about 45 or 50 ftlbs! My bolt-on numbers were 356hp 372ftlbs now I am at 414hp and 365ftlbs. Go figure. A/f was 13.2-13.5 if I recall correctly.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:06 PM
10 Second Club

I am afraid the dyno didn't lie. 00byrd put down some good numbers that same day as did Bo white. Also you can tell driving the car that the low end is very weak. I used to take off in second in normal driving conditions some times now taking off in first feels like I have 2.73's. At one point in the dyno graph I actuall lost about 45 or 50 ftlbs! My bolt-on numbers were 356hp 372ftlbs now I am at 414hp and 365ftlbs. Go figure. A/f was 13.2-13.5 if I recall correctly.
Oh yeah thats right, I remember reading your thread now. Yeah something is defiantly wrong there.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Gomer is "Gone Fishing" LOL
Old 05-05-2006, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Steve, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong but on a nice cool night on the way back from Dothan a certain cammed black ss could not pull on a bolt-on white TA and if I recall the black car let out first!

Oh yeah well, My tranny was slippin yeah thats it!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00BLKSS#77
Oh yeah well, My tranny was slippin yeah thats it!
you couldnt handle the ta steve? lol
Old 05-05-2006, 10:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6 GreeN
Gomer is "Gone Fishing" LOL
I'm not on here very much anymore.. like Jeff said, I'm concentrating more on fishing here lately. I'm on www.alabamaracingscene.net about two times a week and if you want to contact me, that's the best way. My PM box on here is full and I'm not going to take 3-4 hours to go thru them all and tell people what "cam I suggest".. sorry, but I'm really burned out on the car stuff here lately. Feel free to join up at ARS and PM me there or catch me on yahoo messenger at scott35950.. be forewarned... I'd rather talk about fishing than cars.

01TA.. I've thought all along that your problem is the heads on that car. Jason at TSP didn't give you a flow sheet when you bought them and if you can get him to agree to have them flowed here locally, I'll pull them off and we'll see if that's your problem. Did you buy them directly from Texas Speed or from someone else?
Old 05-06-2006, 05:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fishing come on , cars are way more fun to clean.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gomer
I'm not on here very much anymore.. like Jeff said, I'm concentrating more on fishing here lately. I'm on www.alabamaracingscene.net about two times a week and if you want to contact me, that's the best way. My PM box on here is full and I'm not going to take 3-4 hours to go thru them all and tell people what "cam I suggest".. sorry, but I'm really burned out on the car stuff here lately. Feel free to join up at ARS and PM me there or catch me on yahoo messenger at scott35950.. be forewarned... I'd rather talk about fishing than cars.

01TA.. I've thought all along that your problem is the heads on that car. Jason at TSP didn't give you a flow sheet when you bought them and if you can get him to agree to have them flowed here locally, I'll pull them off and we'll see if that's your problem. Did you buy them directly from Texas Speed or from someone else?
Bought them new from TSP, don't have a flow sheet, but I'll pm Jason and see if he'll fax me one.

Last edited by 01tam6; 05-06-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I understand that you are burned out on the car thing. Happens to a lot of us, but I as well as Clint and our friends that we have recommended to you, really think you know what you are talking about as far as the F-bodies go. We've been very impressed with your work on tuning the cars. With that being said I think that you should treat your customers, espically when you are so highly recommended better then what you have. I'm referring to our friend Eric, that you supposedly ordered a clutch for through Jason at TSP. He has been trying to get a hold of you since he never recieved a tune that he has paid you for, and he was also trying to reach you for the clutch that you told him you ordered through Jason at TSP. Which he later found out through Jason, you never ordered the clutch. A friendly returned phone call would have settled the entire matter. Instead Eric was met with unanswered phone calls, emails, etc. This is no way to treat a customer. I was also told that you were recommened to a friend of Eric's by the name of Paul you told him to meet you at Walker dyno at a certain time on a saturday, he waited 5 hours and you never showed up or bothered to call and let him know that you were not coming. Thats just rude.

Maybe you are in over your head with customers so much that you cannot return phone calls or let them know what is going on. Thats fine, just let people know whats going on thats all. All of this could have been avoided with a simple phone call or email. I guess that Clint and I will re-think about recommending you for the simple fact of what happened to our friends. I would not want that for someone else to have to go through.

I would have pm-ed this, but his mailbox is full.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been trying to reach him for a month now to tune my car. He was highly reccomended by a friend of mine. He did email me three times and he asked for my current tune but I have not heard from him since. He will not reply to any of my emails. That was a month ago. I don't know Gomer but I've heard good things about him but from my personal experience in dealing with him it hasn't been very impressive. I want to make this clear I'm not bashing Gomer but sharing my personal experience.